PDA

View Full Version : MYW package-can accomodations/park tickets be on separate cards?

maestrotim
01-14-2009, 09:10 PM
I am one of the few that do *not* like having the park pass and hotel accomodations on the same "Keys to the World" ticket. I am doing a package in May for the first time, and I am wondering if it is possible to get the hotel keys on a separate KTTW card. Thanks!

wdwnomad
01-14-2009, 10:24 PM
They can't separate them at the check-in desk. However, after you check-in, you can take them over to the concierge desk and ask them to remove the tickets from your room key and place them on a separate card. It can be done just be aware that some CM might not know how to do it and say it can't be done. I had it done this summer when I needed to my tickets taken off my room key so I can upgrade them to an AP. Sometimes the dining credits get messed up when doing the upgrade. I heard it was a good idea to get them separated to prevent this. The first time the concierge CM did it no problem. The next day I went back because we decided to upgrade all of our tickets instead of just one. The CM said it can't be done and even checked with the manager. He said it was physcially impossible to do what I was asking. So I said thanks. Next time I noticed new people were working the desk so I figured I would try again. They knew how to do it.

maestrotim
01-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Great, thanks!

TheRustyScupper
01-15-2009, 01:18 PM
1) Yes it can be done.
2) But, why?
3) kind of defeats the purpose of a "key to the world".
4) Even AP's can be put on the room key.