PDA

View Full Version : Best time of year to visit WDW

baldburke
01-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm sure something along the lines of this has been posted before, but what is the absolute best time of year to visit WDW in your opinion? Everyone's going to have their own opinions, but the criteria I would consider are crowds, weather and themes (Christmas, Halloween, Star Wars Weekends, Food & Wine Fest, etc).

We prefer fall because the temps are cooler and the crowds are down (sometimes). I was just curious what everyone thinks the absolute best time to visit is.

faline
01-14-2009, 09:13 PM
In order of favorite times to visit:

1. First two weeks of December - relatively low crowds and holiday festivities
2. Early May - low crowds
3. September/October - generally low crowds, nice weather and Halloween parties
4. Early June - moderately low crowds/Flower & Garden Festival
5. January/Early February - low crowds
6. Any other time an oportunity presents itself

ibrowse17
01-14-2009, 09:29 PM
I would strongly suggest the couple of weeks before Christmas. The crowds are not heavy at all, the weather can be almost perfect, and you get to see all the great decorations:thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
01-14-2009, 09:42 PM
My favorite time of year to visit WDW is October. the weather is great (not to hot and low average rain fall), it is not too crowded, MNSSHP, and F&WF.

In Nov after the holiday decorations go up (excepting Thanksgiving time when it is crowded) through right before Christmas are also nice, Mickey's Christmas party and all sorts of other holiday happenings during this time and not too crowded.

Like the end of January through the beginning of Feb. Low crowds and better weather than earlier in the month.

May through the first week in June are also nice for weather, crowds and events associated with the Garden Festival (excepting memorial day weekend). :mickey:

Cinderelley
01-15-2009, 02:56 AM
I like the end of September through October. I love MNSSHP & F&WF.

My second favorite time to go is end of May to beginning of June for Star Wars Weekend and the fact that it is warm enough to hit the waterparks.

ncrohrs
01-15-2009, 10:58 PM
We love fall. We went early November of '06 and it was great. Weather was perfect, low crowds, saw just the beginning of holiday decorations...

Also tried early Feb. We found this time just ok. Our weather was pretty good, but crowds were definitely higher than in November. Seemed like it was almost spring break for kids in foreign countries or something...Still not too bad a time to go.

spoiledraf
01-16-2009, 10:18 PM
We have gone for my birthday, Oct. 2, the last two years and it's great. No lines and still warm enough for pools. And MNSSHP is a lot of fun as well. Best fireworks I've seen. Unfortunately, this year we have to go in June to deal with school so I'm already starting to prepare myself and the intire entourage for long lines and hot weather. I fear my grandkids will be turned off to Disney on their first visit! But we'll take it as it comes and I just hope the little ones aren't too dissapointed if a line is toooo long to wait.

Speedy1998
01-17-2009, 08:15 AM
#1 Christmas
#2 Mid January to Early March.
#3 Any other time I can get there.

Polynesian Dweller
01-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Almost always go in October to take advantage of:

1. warmer weather but not hot
2. longer daylight (before the chanage to standard time)
3. Halloween activites (MNSSHP and Hallowishes)
4. Epcot F&W

Where would we be without Rusty's format.;)

We've been Christmas time and spring for the flower show but there just seems to be a greater variety of activities in the fall.