PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Market as CS

armmh
01-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Everyone at Intercot has been so great that I have yet another question for our first trip. We are staying at CBR (which does not get good food court reviews) We are just going to do the QSDP so I am looking at menus trying to find good things to get on that plan. It looks and sounds like Pepper Market is a decent place to eat. Really, Pepper Market counts as a CS meal? Even the $23.00 steak? Does that count as a CS or are there only certain things you can get when you go there? Is it worth a trip or 2 to PM? We will have a car...
What does everyone think?
Thanks again for all the help!!

nicjohn3
01-14-2009, 08:45 PM
We stayed at CSR in November. We never ate at the Pepper Market and we are on the dp. The reason was because even though it is a CS, when you pay your bill, they add a 10% service fee to your total. I go to the CS so I dont have to tip. :) This may not matter to you, but just wanted to mention so you were aware before making the trip over to the CSR.

Hammer
01-14-2009, 09:12 PM
We stayed at CSR in November. We never ate at the Pepper Market and we are on the dp. The reason was because even though it is a CS, when you pay your bill, they add a 10% service fee to your total. I go to the CS so I dont have to tip. :) This may not matter to you, but just wanted to mention so you were aware before making the trip over to the CSR.

If you get your food to go, you are not charged the tip.

Unless it has changed in 2009, there weren't any exclusions from the Pepper Market menu when using any Dining Plan. It is an excellent use of a CS credit and I think the food is very good :tasty: !

ginger19
01-15-2009, 08:02 AM
We were never charged the 10% when we ate there in november and I think we ate there three times.

The food was excellent and we definitely thought it was the best use of CS credits that we have seen.

mrmcgiv
01-15-2009, 09:35 AM
we ate there twice on Dec on DDP and were never charged the 10%. Honestly though it would have been well worth the 10% to eat there a few times and mix up the menu a bit.

thrillme
01-15-2009, 10:16 AM
We didn't get charged the 10% either but we left a tip to be nice although I thought it was pointless (all he did was bring us a glass of water)...alas my husband is the nice one.

Personally the food was not really good. Other people have had better experiences maybe we just ate there too late. I don't think the chefs wanted to be there anymore.

We were on the DDP and there was one day where I didn't make previous ADR's so we got stuck with eating here (we probably should have tried the Maya grill but we still had several counter service meals).

nicjohn3
01-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Man--If I knew I wouldnt have been charged we would have tried it. We saw it on a sign outside the food court. It scared us away :)

Maybe next time we will try.

CaptSmee
01-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Man--If I knew I wouldnt have been charged we would have tried it. We saw it on a sign outside the food court. It scared us away :)

Maybe next time we will try.

You get charged the 10%. Maybe not if you use the DDP?

sassy2000
01-16-2009, 09:08 AM
We were there in Dec and on the DDP and we never got charged the 10%. We ate there 2 times for dinner and 1 time for breakfast. We thought the food was great.

kathiep
01-16-2009, 03:43 PM
We've eaten there numerous times - on the DDP - you don't get charged the 10%.

Granny Jill A
01-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Personally the food was not really good. Other people have had better experiences maybe we just ate there too late. I don't think the chefs wanted to be there anymore.

We stayed at CSR and thought the hotel and grounds were beautiful, but we did not care for the Pepper Market food. I agree that the employees did not seem to want to be there. By the time you went to all the different food stations and waited for someone to wait on you, your food was ice cold. Perhaps they could switch to a buffet service?

KatMark
01-16-2009, 10:52 PM
We stayed at CSR and thought the hotel and grounds were beautiful, but we did not care for the Pepper Market food. I agree that the employees did not seem to want to be there. By the time you went to all the different food stations and waited for someone to wait on you, your food was ice cold. Perhaps they could switch to a buffet service?

Personally, we do like the food. But we only go to one station each so our food has never been cold. We prefer it over some of the other food courts--specifically, CBR and AKL.

I have read that they are changing Pepper Market to be more of a buffet type thing like Boma. Now if they do that, who knows. And if they do, I would assume it will become a table service and then they don't have a counter service. :confused:

Iluvpooh
01-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Yes we heard this from an employee. It is going to be buffet and will count as a TS. I think they are wanting to expand the convention dining options and get more for the DDP dollar.

conwayjohn71
01-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Do you know when they are going to convert it to a buffet style

we are staying there for the pepper market since everyone in our family likes different foods, it has always been easier