PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time @ Port Orleans Riverside!

dreadpirateemily
01-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Hello all you lovely people. (In a very good mood since my 2nd Disney trip ever is in 2 short weeks!)

Questions re: Port Orleans Riverside:

I want to stay in the Alligator Bayou part of the resort.. can I ask ahead of time for that or is it better just to ask when we check in?

Any buildings recommended over others? We'd like to be near where we can fill up our mugs and near a bus stop.

Thanks much for any and all advice!

disneyfan328
01-14-2009, 03:03 PM
We loved POR. I would say that any requests need to be noted on your reservation prior to your arrival. We were in bldg 15 and it was a very short walk down a little path and a few rows of parking spaces to our building from the main bus stop and general store area where the food court ect. is.

good luck and have a WONDERFUL trip!!!

#1donaldfan
01-14-2009, 03:08 PM
On your initial reservations you could have requested a building, however I think you can still call the resort 3 days prior to your arrival and request it....you can find the number at resorts at the top of the main page here, find Riverside, and near the bottom of the page the number is listed.....

...if you want near the food court and main bus depot, please request building 14....it's right beside the main building, plus just a second from the busses...it actually has a short cut through the parking lot, and a small sidewalk to the depots....just in case your skipping breakfast and don't want to cut through the food court......

....don't forget breakfast at Boatwrights, it's the best you'll have all week....take the boat to DtD for shopping, plus if you have time walk to or take the boat to the FQ side and get the beginets from their food court.....they are WONDERFUL !!!!!!!

.....and.......Welcome to Intercot........!!:thumbsup:

dreadpirateemily
01-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Great advice from you both.. thanks very much! I wouldn't have thought about the beignets -- what a sad thing to have missed them. :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-14-2009, 04:08 PM
We stayed in building #18 and thought that it was the best of both worlds - it was quite close to the main building for mug refills, a short walk across the parking lot to the main bus stop, and it had a quiet pool right behind it.

And, we just far enough "off the beaten path" that we didn't get a lot of traffic outside of our room, just perfect :thumbsup:

dreadpirateemily
01-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Just found this great map of the resort (http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-riverside.htm) and you're right. #18 looks to be about perfect.

Thanks so much!:mickey: