PDA

View Full Version : just curious

nicjohn3
01-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Hello--just wondering -people say I go to Disney (or want to go) too often and ask me "why". I find it very relaxing and would be willing to just hang around the resorts and DTD without going to parks.

I was wondering what is the longest you have stayed at a Disney Resort at on time. I think you can book a reservation for 10 days, but has anyone spent longer? Which resort did you stay at? How did you spend your time?

pokci
01-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I thought I was the only one who got that from folks! :blush: We have gone as long as 14 days and booked the 14 without a problem, years ago. I doubt that has changed. The mistake I've made in years past, on the previous 18 trips, :secret: is that I've gone to the parks each and every day! This year we're going Easter week, not the best choice but that was how things worked out AND it's Disney, so I've only planned to be at the parks, EPCOT specifically, two of the days. Don't know how that will feel. The rest of the time will be spent at the resort, CSR, the other resorts, a morning at Mandara spa, and just vegging! Friends of mine have gone for two weeks and always visit Universal and Sea World during the stay. I can't imagine going "out of the world"! :mickey:

cindchan
01-13-2009, 08:46 PM
I've had people mention that I go to Disney a lot, but so far no one has called me "weird" or anything like that. But then again, I don't care what they think. It's DISNEY!! They just don't understand! ^_^

This coming trip will be the longest for me. I'm usually there about 5 days. This time I'm doing 7. Though one of those will be at Kennedy Space Center!

mouseketeer mom
01-13-2009, 09:11 PM
The longest we've stayed was 10 days. I would prefer two shorter trips over one long trip though. I especially like having a trip to look forward to! I always llike to know when I'm going back!

eeyoremom
01-13-2009, 09:34 PM
We're leaving next week for 11 nites. We have often stayed about 10-11 nites. We also never do parks every day. The older we get, now in our 50s, the less time we spend in the parks. We have even done a trip several years ago without doing any parks. That was at Fort Wilderness. This year we are planning on 3 or 4 days in parks. We really enjoy the resorts, just hanging out, relaxing. We love to go for dinner at other resorts. We usually have other family members with us for part of the trip and have been known to watch grandkids while mom and dad have time in the parks by themselves. Everyone has their own way to enjoy WDW.

Tinkerbelly84
01-13-2009, 09:51 PM
I thought I was the only one who got that from folks! :blush: We have gone as long as 14 days and booked the 14 without a problem, years ago. I doubt that has changed. The mistake I've made in years past, on the previous 18 trips, :secret: is that I've gone to the parks each and every day! This year we're going Easter week, not the best choice but that was how things worked out AND it's Disney, so I've only planned to be at the parks, EPCOT specifically, two of the days. Don't know how that will feel. The rest of the time will be spent at the resort, CSR, the other resorts, a morning at Mandara spa, and just vegging! Friends of mine have gone for two weeks and always visit Universal and Sea World during the stay. I can't imagine going "out of the world"! :mickey:

I feel the same way. It would feel like tresion to me to be outside the world. I thought I was weird having no desire to leave the Disney property when I'm there. I get a lot of looks from friends who just don't get it. They can't believe that I'm going back. They always ask why not go somewhere else. My answer is that to me there is no better place to be.
:mickey:

beksy
01-13-2009, 10:29 PM
I get that from my dad all the time. He claims I'm addicted to Disney (ok, so I am!) but I just mention all the bad things I could be addicted to and tell him he's lucky! ;) We've only stayed on-site once (without Dad, who doesn't fully appreciate all the World has to offer) and that was at CBR for 9 nights. My next trip in May will be at POR for another 9 nights. The big trip is in December through part of January when we'll be at the CR if Mom comes for 12 nights or at the Pop and then the Poly for 12 nights if its just my sister and me. :cloud9:

sassy2000
01-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Our longest trip was Dec for 10 days. We stayed 6 nights at CSR and 3 nights @ POR. We had a great time but I think my DS4 and DD2 were worn out and ready to come home. We usually stay 7 days which is perfect for us.

KylesMom
01-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Our first stay in 2000 with DS was 8 days - and was not NEARLY long enough. Over the course of several years, we've been fortunate enough to extend our trips to 15 days, 14 nights.

We all still cry when we have to leave.

We split our time between our favorite (affordable) resort -currently WL, the parks and DTD.

On occasion, we'll take a day trip to KSC or SW. But honestly, our favorite times are spent on Disney property, just hanging out as a family! :mickey: We only get to spend two weeks a year 'together' since DH and I work different shifts, so we make the most of our time at our favorite place on earth!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-14-2009, 08:32 AM
We stayed 10 nights this past December

paragon
01-14-2009, 09:41 AM
We have had the same thing happen to us, many times. Alot of people ask us why we go so often.
Well, I am a beach fanatic, but also an amusement park fan, as well as a fan of architecture, design, and art. DW however does not like the beach at all, and is only into the tamer rides, but she is a die hard Mickey fanatic. So for us, its a great place for both of us to enjoy some relaxing time, and some of out faorite interests. ( I am constantly looking at the detail of the Disney architecture and alot of the behind the scenes stuff ) totally away from the "real world". We both work retail, which can be extremely stressful and thankless at times. Staying on Disney property is the perfect escape.
Our honeymoon, ( it will be 7 years in April ) was at Disney World, we spent ten days. We used our park hoppers, as well as spent alot of down time just exploring all the Disney property. Our base was All Star Movies, we had a great time. personally, I'd prefer ten day stays, it gives you enough time to do so many things with out the rushing around.
We try to go semi annually, and in fact were there this past September, and will be returning this April, and it just happens its during the week of our anniversary!
Can't wait!

btharvey
01-14-2009, 04:26 PM
We can never spend more than a week to ten days for the entire vacation, travel included, and we travel two days each way with our trailer from Maryland to and from Florida.

Up until this trip, we've spent each day at the parks, but this next trip, we'll be spending 6 days and 7 nights at Fort Wilderness, but only 3 days at the parks ... the other three days we'll be spending at the Campground! We may vary it the next time, but I think this will be the winner!

Figment78
01-16-2009, 02:54 PM
This post made me smile. We typically go 8 days, but we have gone 9, 8, 7, 6, and 5 also. But most trips are 8. We've found this worked for us with our past scenarios. On trips with all veteran visitors, it allows us some time to do almost all of our favorite park stuff and sit-down meals, plus downtime to do other stuff, like shopping, swimming, relaxing in a lounge, exploring other resorts, etc. With "newbies" we spent 8 days, but it was action packed! With just DH & I, we can have a nice trip in 6 days, but we have to be more selective with activities.

However, for our honeymoon, we stayed 9 days and THAT was the most relaxing trip we'd ever taken. It was amazing how much of a difference that one extra day made. If we could, we'd go 9 days every trip.

Not sure how much time will be too much or too little as we start traveling with kids....

Daisy712
01-16-2009, 07:52 PM
My in-laws will be spending 44 straight days at Wyndhams Bonnet Creek starting next week. They are not really planning to go to the parks, just hanging out at the different resorts and DTD. It must be nice to be retired.:mickey:

nicjohn3
01-16-2009, 08:06 PM
My in-laws will be spending 44 straight days at Wyndhams Bonnet Creek starting next week. They are not really planning to go to the parks, just hanging out at the different resorts and DTD. It must be nice to be retired.:mickey:

Wow!! I could do that. Not sure if hubbie would go for it, but...I could.

Magic Smiles
01-16-2009, 08:27 PM

I am sooooooooo jealous. It must be nice to be retired with money!
Our length of stays have been 7 nights, 14 nights, 20 nights, 16 nights and the last 12 nights. All at the POFQ. We have considered other resorts but always change our minds back to POFQ.

We do not go to the WDW parks everyday on our longer trips. We do go to Universal/IOA, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Coco Beach and a day or two of shopping in Florida. On a couple of visits we also looked at new homes. On our last trip we only did WDW as it was only a short trip for us. With our cost for airfare flying from Canada, the longer trips are a better deal.

For all of our trips we have pulled DS(now 16) out of school. Now in his final years of High School, we can't or won't.:sad:

Iluvpooh
01-16-2009, 11:50 PM
I love 8 day trips-I think they are just perfect. If I can't get good airfre and have to drive-I prefer 10 day trips.
If I ever become super rich (enough to be unemployeed) I want to spend an entire Autumn at BWV.

Bringonthemouse!
01-18-2009, 12:18 PM
We usually stay 11 nights/12 days at Pop with a 10 day hopper. That allows 2 non-park days, one usually being our arrival day. After flying from Canada for the price of both an arm and a leg ;), we like to stay for a lengthy vacation and get as Disney-fied as we can!!

princessjojo
01-18-2009, 03:45 PM
We've had my mom make snide remarks about the number of times we've gone to WDW. She could care less about going, unless her husband said he wanted to go then she's all for it and it's a glorious idea. And then when we tell her how long we stay, the eyes roll. As a family, our first trip was 7 nights, then 8, then nights. But they were always during busier seasons. Our last trip was just the boys and I, and we only stayed 5 nights. It wasn't a slow season, but less busy. Each time we were ready to go by the end of the vacations, but would tolerate another day. I like the 9 night vacation. We came in early in the morning (8am-ish) and left late in the evening (8pm-ish) so we were able to flank the vacation with full days. On our rest days, we spent the by the pool, but still managed to hit the parks in the evening after dinner for a while.

TinkerbellT421
01-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Just got back from a 10 night/11 day stay. We did alot of relaxing. I will be posting my trip report soon. Just catching up on these daily threads first. You will see how relaxed we were and took our time and worked with our own schedule with when we wanted to do something, where we wanted to go and how much time we felt like taking park hopping our own way. We just felt like not being rushed. We practically lived in Epcot, we ended up there everyday. It was especially easy being for the fact that we were staying at the Boardwalk Villas and we were about ten minute walk away. I am so relaxed right now. :mickey:

Kisobel
01-19-2009, 04:12 AM
11 days- 2 years ago. some shorter trips in between and am now planning a 12 day trip for oct. first 12 days looks impressive but i have learned that travel days wipe us out and we don't really enjoy anything. so i consider this to be a 10 day trip with 2 travel days. this time around we are going to go to sea world and typhoon lagoon and mini golf. we might even find time to resort hop and see how the other half lives.

kate

hardingella
01-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Our last two vacations we have spent 17 nights at POP. We do EVERTHING twice when we go. Last visit we also did Universal, Islands of adventure, Sea world, Discovery cove(WOW) and Busch Gardens (NOT WOW). SO its not all Disney, but we do love returning to our Disney hotel after we've been to another park.

We do come all the way fron Manchester, England, so the longer the better as far as we're concerned. We would rather do the vacation 100% every 2-3 years than travel all that way and not see everything.

Next trip, we will do the same again, but stay at a different resort (hopefully B&YC), as the size of the room at POP last time felt a little cramped for the four of us.:mickey:

pamickeys
01-19-2009, 10:26 AM
We usually go for 8 days/7 nights and always leave wanting more so 2 yrs. ago we went for 11 days/10 nights. My dream vacation--so happy and excited to go this long but needless to say it was plagued by bad luck. No fault of Disney's--just fate. My DH and I both had a violent stomach flu, and not at the same time. That took 6 days out of our trip--at least we had a nice room but couldn't go out on the balcony because it was coated with some kind of cricket/bug--not the balcony on the left or right, no just ours. Then the ever so painful shin splint my DH got on the first day--yes, a memorable trip indeed. In total we had 3 decent days so needless to say I now prefer the 8 d/7 night--just a little superstitious.

Mousemates
01-19-2009, 10:31 AM
We do things a bit differently...in that we've never stayed at one resort for more than five consecutive nights...what we tend to do is split our stays among various resorts (we too are addicted and have a minor vacation goal of having stayed in all of them by the time my sons graduates from HS in 2013).:mickey:

tyandskyesmom
01-19-2009, 03:43 PM
We usually go for 9 or 10 nights but the last two have been just the kids and me and they were for 13 nights at ASMo and 14 nights at POP. We still did not do everything and did not want to leave! I keep trying to see how I could stretch out the trips longer but I don't know if that will ever be possible!

Raye3201
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Ahhh I'm so glad to hear that others get remarks too. I get a lot of "oh, we're waiting til our kids are older so they can remember it" from coworkers.....they just don't get it cause they've never been. My kids love going to Disney! It's such a great family vacation.

The longest trip for us has been 14 nights: 7 at ASM and then the next 7 at the Beach Club Villas. It was great but nice to get home!
By the time we pay for our airfare from Canada, we want to spend as much time in the world as we can. I've never gone out of the world yet....there is always too much to see and we have so much fun. We always go to the parks but with our annual passes sometimes we only stay a couple of hours in the morning.

We are planning a trip in June and will stay 16nights and I can't wait! I'm so looking forward to it. That's just the way the airfares worked out with the seat sales...I'd stay longer if I could. I can only dream about 44 days! That would be wonderful:cloud9:

Guinness
02-25-2009, 10:44 PM
My last trip was 31 nights and the one I am planning now for next January will be longer still. We may never have the opportunity with work again, so we are taking advantage of it to really settle in. Apparently the limit for staying in one room is 30 days. I asked before I got close, so I have time to tweak my plans to have a couple of different rooms during the trip.

I may have a problem.