PDA

View Full Version : We are back...Great trip

Recusit8m
01-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Hi all...Well the time has finally come and gone...:(...We went to the World from Jan 4-Jan 11...It was my first trip since the 98 birthday castle lol...and my fams first time (8yo daughter and 3yo son) and my better half...It was a great time albeit tiring...We stayed at Movies (and dont believe everything you read or hear...It was a really nice room) My kids dont have any interest in mints or turn down service...Yet...We drove down from Indiana (14 hr straight thru and arrived in Orlando on the 3rd at 630pm)...Then had dinner at Guardunos (outside park) Good pizza and relatively inexpensive...Checked into our off site hotel for the first night...Legacy Suites Westgate (I think)...Kinda dumpy...Headboard fell off wall...lol...cleaned up and headed over to Boardwalk for ice cream...Daughter recieved a free hairwrap which she was stoked about...Magical Moment #1...More to follow...

gauvin4
01-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Sounds like a great start to your trip!! :thumbsup: I look forward to reading more.

dtootsie42
01-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Can't wait to read more, sounds like a good start even with falling headboards :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Hair braiding for free!! Thats quite a magical moment. We have unfortunately spent a fortune braiding my girls hair at WDW! Can't wait to hear more!

Recusit8m
01-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi again...Well since it was such a long drive down for the kiddos the first day I awoke very early and headed over to the resort to claim our Keys to the World and our 200$ gift card (what a major help that was...We got 2.5 meals with it...) Returned to the room and gathered up the fam and headed over to DHS for rope drop...First time for all of us...It was pretty sweet...The director car and the old time movie set...Kids loved it...Once park opened we watched the HSM dance troupe for a few minutes then got our fast passes for Toy Story (awesome ride and a ton of fun)...Get the passes early if you havent done it yet as they were all gone by 1130am and the wait when we returned was 160min WOW...We then returned to do all of the required rides i.e. Movie Ride (son was pretty scared with the gun shots from the mob scene) Muppets...Kids waited in line for their first Character greets Goofy & Pluto (now son says "Oh Garsh" all the time...lol) They it was time for Daddys rides...TOT and Aerosmith (LOVED the coaster)...Oh and rider swap rules!!! (just like fast pass)...Walked around quite a bit then had some lunch at the little place near TOT (Yep had my first Turkey Leg & I think it stayed with me for like 3 days...lol)...Went back to Toy Story and rode it with my 3yo son...Yeppers we beat my wife and daughter lol...(hint- If you are riding with a youngster make sure you tell them to let the string go all the way back in before trying to shoot again)...then we headed back to let the kids nap which proved to be fruitless...so we let them swim for a bit at the Ducks pool which was heated nicely for the 85 degree sunny day we had lol...We then headed back to the studios for the final hours of the day...Went over to see Beauty and Indy Shows then over to see Lightning and Mator in the garage (son loved it) and by then the parade started and the kids loved that...They saw all of their fave Pixar stars and a very nice couple let the kids go and sit down at the ropes...We were at the end so they got up and boogied down with Flick and the other cast from the movie (It def made me tear up a tad...lol) No Fantasmic for that day so we headed out to have dinner at Outback offsite (thanks to cashing in on Discover card points)...All in all a wonderfully nice day...The crowds were a bit more than what we had expected but the lines werent bad at all, just alot of people in the parks....Ill have some photos when we recieve our Photo Pass CD...Day 3 at Animal Kingdom to follow...Enjoy...:thumbsup:

faline
01-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Sounds like you're having a wonderful trip!

goofy for pluto
01-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Great trip report!
Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
01-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Sounds like you are off to a terrific vacation. Thanks for sharing.

mouseketeer mom
01-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Your first Turkey leg! I still can't figure out if I like those things or not...thanks for the report!!

vizsla
01-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the report.