PDA

View Full Version : Can you get your money back??

Minnie's Northern Friend
01-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Hello All--

We have pre-purchased our tickets to WDW-- we got 7 day hopper plus... After talking it over- We have decided that we really don't want the plus option-- and we may even want to drop a day...

Prior to using our tickets that first day, can we get the refund on the day and the PLUS??

Is it worth it??

Ian
01-13-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm going to answer this two ways ...

#1. No. Disney tickets are non-transferrable and non-refundable. That's the party line and you have maybe a 50% chance of that ending up being the final answer.

And

#2. Maybe. If you go to Guest Relations and if you get the right Cast Member and if you beg and plead appropriately there is a chance they might make some concession for you.

WDWFanatic
01-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Are your tickets park of a package or hard tickets?

I don't know for sure, but if they are part of your package maybe you could cancel it and rebook without the waterparks and more.

Now if you should keep the water parks and more options...

When are you going and is it just the two of you? We've added the option on to our tickets because our boys love to spend a day or two at the water park and Disney Quest.

Some of the parks will be closing "earlyish" while we are there so we may go hit DQ for a couple hours after dinner.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Minnie's Northern Friend
01-13-2009, 02:30 PM
We are travelling the 27th of Jan- 5th of Feb-- We bought hard tickets-- for 6 days...

Would the savings be worth the effort??

CleveRocks
01-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Not sure what you mean by "plus" ... do you mean the Water Park Fun & More option?

It really won't be worth it just for the 7th day, because the difference between a 6-day ticket and a 7-day ticket is only $3 + tax.

The WPF&M option costs $50 + tax, a much more substantial amount of money.

You can always try, but don't be angry if they tell you no. :mickey:

Minnie's Northern Friend
01-13-2009, 03:57 PM
That's exactly what I was looking for--- I am hoping to nix the waterpark fun and more from our tickets-- it's going to be too cold to go to the waterpark--

Our kids are all very sick-- Our little 4 year old just got out of the hospital with Pneumonia- and we are leaving in 2 weeks-- yes she should be better by then--- but I am not wanting to stick her in the pool for the day either.

I will try-- but not cry about it if we can't.

Thanks for the advice.

avantgardeinker
01-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Let them know the reason you are wanting a refund on the plus option. They will probably be more accomadating since this is a special circumstance. Good Luck!!

:mickey:

CleveRocks
01-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Let them know the reason you are wanting a refund on the plus option. They will probably be more accomadating since this is a special circumstance. Good Luck!!

:mickey:Unfortunately, it's not truly a special circumstance.

I was in my doctor's office on Christmas Eve day, sick as a dog, just barely avoiding a hospital admission ... he thought he might have heard a crackle or two in my lungs (pneumonia). As sick as I was, he told me he would be joining me in the New Year's Day Polar Bear Plunge (we live at the beach in NJ) a week later.

You don't get sick from being outside in the cold and wet. Old wives' tale.

Then again, maybe the OP will be in luck, if Disney employs a lot of old wives. :funny: :funny:

Ian
01-14-2009, 11:08 AM
I don't know for sure, but if they are part of your package maybe you could cancel it and rebook without the waterparks and more.Just be careful with that, because once you cancel none of the rest of your package is guaranteed. You could lose other perks and potentially even your room!

Disneyatic
01-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Definitely tell them the reason you want to cancel the "& More" . In our experience the cast members have been really accomodating due to illness or unexpected circumstance....so it might help your cause.
You never know, but it doesn't hurt to elaborate.