PDA

View Full Version : water mice (sea raycer) ?

DisneyBabies
01-13-2009, 10:36 AM
We are 44 days 13 hours and 30 minutes from our trip to the world :cloud9: and I was reading one of my planning books when I saw something I had never seen before.

It says that the minimum height is 60 inches for the sea raycers. My DS(4) reeeally wants to ride one of these with my DH, but he is only 40 inches. Do they mean that you have to be 60 inches to drive them or you have to be 60 inches to ride them?

Please tell me that my DS can go on one with his Daddy.

tink179
01-13-2009, 12:09 PM
He will be able to go on. :) My DH took our son who was 4 last year and he rode with him too. The only thing my ds didn't like about them is they didn't go fast enough! :mickey: Have a great trip!

ThanxForNoticin
01-13-2009, 12:31 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure where the reference to 60" comes from. If I remember correctly, the only requirement to drive one of the water mice is a valid driver's license. I don't think there is any height restriction for a passenger. Be aware, though - the lake patrol is pretty strict when it comes to who is driving the boat. One time I took my younger son on the lake, switched seats to let him steer for awhile, and they made me switch back. Your son will only be able to ride along, for now.

Figaro
01-13-2009, 12:37 PM
For a passenger, as long as they are able to sit up we'll let them ride. I've put out boats with toddlers as passengers. You can't put them on your lap, either. Driving them is another story when it comes to height and all. I think it's 5ft and 12yrs old. Don't take the driving requirements as word, either.

DisneyBabies
01-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Thank you so much for all the replies. I was not looking forward to telling DS that he couldn't go on the blue boat with Daddy. He just wants to ride in it thank goodness, he said daddy should drive because he has a driver's card (driver's licence)!

SBETigg
01-13-2009, 05:46 PM
For a passenger, as long as they are able to sit up we'll let them ride. I've put out boats with toddlers as passengers. You can't put them on your lap, either. Driving them is another story when it comes to height and all. I think it's 5ft and 12yrs old. Don't take the driving requirements as word, either.

You're not required to be a licensed driver to drive the boats according to the GF Marina from our last trip. They did have an age requirement for driving. I think it was sixteen.

mouseketeer mom
01-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Oh, he can sure go on and you will LOVE it. We are a big sea raycer family, enjoying them a few times during each trip. We love them especially around the seven seas lagoon. Have fun!

ThanxForNoticin
01-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Driving them is another story when it comes to height and all. I think it's 5ft and 12yrs old. Don't take the driving requirements as word, either.

I think these are the requirements they used to have in place a few years ago. We just rented at the CR last week and they wanted a valid driver's license for any drivers.

When our older son turned 12 (10 years ago), he was able to drive, and very excited to do so. I'm 99% sure you cannot drive them now until at least 16. I don't know if they requestd the driver's licenses in our party last week as a requirement to drive the boat or if they used them to verify each person was at least 16.

But getting back to the original question, I'm sure your son will be able to ride along, and he'll have a great time!