PDA

View Full Version : My (Magic) Kingdom for a bench

epceddie
01-13-2009, 12:04 AM
My wife and I just returned from a Jan. 4-9 trip to the World and we're tired!

Like everyone else, we did a LOT of walking and I was surprised at the lack of benches for sitting down and resting, particularly along Main Street U.S.A. in the MK.

Would it kill Disney to put out some more benches? The parks are huge and all that walking takes a lot out of you.

I found myself standing around a lot of the time wishing there was a bench nearby to sit down on.

It must be even worse in the heat and humidity during the summer months.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

Fairy Grandmother
01-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Yes, I would love to see more benches. Can we start a petition requesting Disney to add more benches?

AmandaChan
01-13-2009, 01:33 AM
I never noticed a lack of enough benches. It would be kind of weird to have more placed along Main street. There are a lot of benches around Casey's Corner sitting and there are a lot of places to sit at the restaurants (like the Noodle Terrace). There are some benches around the castle.

mouseketeer mom
01-13-2009, 07:07 AM
I never noticed a lack of benches either. Seems we are always on our way somewhere, and unless we are eating or riding, we are standing or walking. I don't know that we ever looked for a bench!

LibertyTreeGal
01-13-2009, 07:24 AM
I almost never see people sitting on the benches either lol, strange given how many people there are! That's probably why there aren't more of them.

dnickels
01-13-2009, 08:46 AM
I would imagine along Main Street there's a crowd flow factor involved. Lord knows it gets bottled up enough in there at the end of the night with people stopping and standing on the sidewalks or in the street, the benches would be just that much less room for the crowd to leave.

Around the rest of the park though I agree there could certainly be a few more! :thumbsup:

Giggy
01-15-2009, 08:12 AM
I've never noticed a lack of benches particularly. Though a Disney-influenced adrenaline rush i get when I go into a park means I can't actually recall ever feeling tired at WDW. :mickey: