PDA

View Full Version : AKL Safari Tours

vidanorth
01-12-2009, 02:54 PM
We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time, and I remember an episode on the Travel Channel (Sam Brown) where they indicated there were special safari tours available to guests of the AKL. It was first thing in the morning, lasting about 30 minutes... has anyone heard of this? How much is it, how do you register? Thanks in advance for the help!!!:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
01-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Intercot is at your service. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/sunrisesafari.asp).

mouseketeer mom
01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
We did the Sunrise Safari at AKL! We learned so much, saw the backstage areas, had alot of up close encounters with the animals, and had a terrific breakfast. This is a tour worth doing. It was first thing in the morning, and available to concierge guests.

TammiMcMan
01-12-2009, 06:34 PM
I know they have naturalists that are around the walkways of the safari and can offer insight. That may be part of the activities board though.

The safari's that are linked in the post above are very specific. The sunrise is only available to guests staying on the AKL club level and it includes a tour of the Kilimanjaro safari, with breakfast afterwards. The sunset is open to any AKL guest, stays onsite at the AKL and it includes a pretty amazing dinner at Jiko's. If I remember correctly, Samantha Brown did the sunset safari.

Tinkerfreak
01-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Samantha Brown did both tours. In the Great Hotels episode for the AKL she did the Sunrise Safari for concierge guests and I think in another show she did, maybe Samantha Browns Disney Favorites she did the Sunset Safari.