PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations cruise

wetcampers
01-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Has anyone ever taken the Illuminations cruise and is it worth the money? We will be at WDW Jan 31 through Feb 7.

mouseketeer mom
01-12-2009, 06:27 PM
We have taken the illuminations cruise as well as the Wishes cruise. We took a Pontoon boat for Wishes, and The Breathless for Illuminations. We actually took our Illuminations cruise the very same week that you are looking at!! Firstly, it was FREEZING. We were bundled in warm clothes and a blanket and it was still cold. We drove around Crescent Lake, learned some things from our driver about how the fireworks actually work which was alot of fun. We parked right under the bridge for viewing. It was beautiful, but honestly, I can't say it was worth the $275.00 we spent. I could see it as well from around the lagoon where we normally have seen it. It was a novel experience, but I wouldn't repeat it at that cost.

CleveRocks
01-12-2009, 08:20 PM
If you are going from January 31 - Feb 7, 2009, all of the IllumiNations cruises are probably sold out.

They are available beginning 90 days out, and usually sell out rather quickly.

Call 407-WDW-PLAY to see if there's anything available.

jensantuit
01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
We did the Illuminations cruise as part of our wedding day festivities (we got married September 2001). We rented 2 pontoon boats and took our guests out for the cruise. Our drivers took us out for a cruise around before and after the show. We loved it as well as our guests who still talk about it to this day. Would we do it again, probably as a special occasion.

epceddie
01-12-2009, 11:33 PM
My family and I had two of the boats for Illuminations during a summer trip we all took together way back in 2000.

It was a great experience, but I don't feel the need to do it again. I'm glad we were able to do it, but I think the money can be better spent elsewhere.

We enjoyed the view from under the bridge, but we've enjoyed the show just as much from different viewing spots in Future World.

I think I paid something like $225 per boat back then. That was a lot of money at the time and the price has gone up. If it's something you really want to do, go for it. You won't be disappointed and you'll have a nice, albeit, expensive, memory.

Tinkerfreak
01-13-2009, 09:37 AM
We did this a few years ago when it was $120 and we had a great time but I don't think it is worth the over $200 they are charging now. If we were going with another family and could split the cost I would probably do it again but not for the full price.

DawsonAR
01-13-2009, 02:09 PM
We did it in April and we felt it was worth every penny. We won't do it every tirp, but it was worth the experience.

CleveRocks
01-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Mine (in 4 weeks) costs $300 + tax. I see it as a once in a lifetime thing. My wife LOVES fireworks, and the trip is pretty much for her 40th birthday. I think our 8 year old and 6 year old will love it, too. It's a surprise for all of them!:secret:

wetcampers
01-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks everyone. I think we will go for it. We are celebrating my kids b-days so I think it will be a special treat. Thanks agian.