PDA

View Full Version : where to eat on my 40th BDay?

LoriSan
01-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I will be in the world for my 40th in July with my DH and DS4. Any ideas where to eat? We will be on DDP (probably basic). We have eaten at Le Cellier, Coral Reef, O'Hana's, etc, but have never done any signature dining.

Hull-onian
01-12-2009, 10:39 AM
I would plan for the California Grill, so you can watch the fire works and have a nice dinner. I think that would top off your birthday nicely.:party:

WishingStar2006
01-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I would suggest Narcosee's at the Grand Floridian. You get the fireworks view and the food is fabulous!!!!

TheRustyScupper
01-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Bistro de Paris (Epcot, France, upstairs).

lockedoutlogic
01-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Bistro de Paris (Epcot, France, upstairs).

second...

LoriSan
01-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Would those options be OK with a 4 year old, who never wants to sit and eat?

Luv Eeyore
01-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Neither of my children would have been able to sit through a signature dining at age 4 - DD would have fallen asleep in her chair (but that does provide some great pics!) and DS is way too picky an eater. We ended up taking the kids to the Sandcastle Club (at the Beach Club - but other deluxe resorts also have clubs) and having a nice meal without them. If you prefer to eat as a family, maybe consider something like Whispering Canyon at WL. It is a lot of fun.

LoriSan
01-12-2009, 02:46 PM
we will be staying at SSR for that stay. Do they have the babysitting/activities for the kids there? Or could DS go to one of the other ones if we are not staying at that resort?

Natazu
01-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Jym’s Top-7 Best 40th Birthday Restaurants
7. Coral Reef
6. Le Cellier
5. Flying Fish
4. Narcoossee’s
3. Citricos
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's

There are several babysitting services available for in-room service too. I like Kids Night Out, they're only like $16 an hour.

joonyer
01-12-2009, 05:09 PM
On my 40th, DW & I ate at the Rose & Crown and were lucky enough to get a patio table and have a water front view of Illumination as we finished our meal. It was great! The food is not as gourmet as CG or V&A or some of the others listed, but it was still very good, and our kids, then ages 12 & 9, also really enjoyed the whole experience with me.
If you have a small children, and want them to dine with you, I would also consider 'Ohana; its a lot of fun, and a memorable experience.

LoriSan
01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
I couldn't leave my son alone in a hotel room with a stranger. He would have a HEART ATTACK. He would, however, love to stay at a childrens' activity with other kids. That's why I was wondering about him going to a resort activity.

I think V & A is out of my league, but the other suggestions sound good. O'Hanas is probably my favorite TS and I'm sure we will visit there during that trip, but I want something different and special for my birthday.

Hammer
01-12-2009, 10:30 PM
I couldn't leave my son alone in a hotel room with a stranger. He would have a HEART ATTACK. He would, however, love to stay at a childrens' activity with other kids. That's why I was wondering about him going to a resort activity.

I think V & A is out of my league, but the other suggestions sound good. O'Hanas is probably my favorite TS and I'm sure we will visit there during that trip, but I want something different and special for my birthday.

Lori, you can use any of the WDW children's clubs. There isn't any restrictions? I think you 4 year old will love it. I say drop him off at the Neverland Club at the Poly (which people like better than the GF), then hop on the monorail and have dinner at California Grill, Citrico's or Narcoossee's.

LoriSan
01-13-2009, 11:29 AM
sorry about taking this thread even further away from dining...where do I get info in the resort children's programs?

Oh, and Hammer, I work in Mt Laurel :mickey:

danicafan
01-13-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm celebrating my 40th birthday next Thursday 1/22 at DisneyWorld and am starting off the day at Chef Mickey's. There are 6 adults and 2 children ages 6 and 3. I can't think of a better way to start my special birthday off and then head over the the Magic Kingdom for the day!!:party:

dtootsie42
01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
I would say Narcoossee's...as someone else stated you get the fireworks and the food is wonderful. We have gone there to celebrate birthdays and anniversarys and always get wonderful service.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand

Natazu
01-13-2009, 06:21 PM
sorry about taking this thread even further away from dining...where do I get info in the resort children's programs?

Here ya go Lori Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/childcare.asp)

Disney Yankee
01-18-2009, 05:18 PM
I spent my 40th at the California Grill and I LOVED IT! :number1: I would definitely recommend it. :party:

murphy1
01-20-2009, 09:57 AM
I agree with Jym (usually do) and Christine about utilizing child care. We take our kids to Neverland Club at Poly, it would only be $11 an hour/ 2 hr minimum and the kids LOVE the place! Plus the child gets dinner included.The caretakers are great. And do California Grill, Artist Point, Narcoosees or if you really want to splurge, do Victoria and Albert's. You only turn 40 once!!

wire0monkey
01-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Artist Point or California Grill.

the other micki
01-22-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm turning 40 in July, also! On the 10th to be exact! (We're going to Disney at the end of April, though!)

mrsgaribaldi
01-22-2009, 05:39 PM
California Grill, it's where I spent my 40th. ALso my 43 and my 44th this year, the day after my birthday though. The food is delcious and the view incredible:mickey: