PDA

View Full Version : Crowds first week of June

ftwildernesskid
01-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Does anyone know what the crowds are like the first week of June? It seems not to fit into any category on the chart of crowded times. I'm thinking of booking a trip then and was wondering if anyone had experienced this week at WDW.

okjac80
01-12-2009, 09:24 AM
I read it is gay pride week, so most people try to stay away if you have little kids

faline
01-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I've done a couple of long weekend trips during this time frame. One year, we were amazed at the lack of crowds so decided to go again at the same time the following year. That day, we found the crowds to be significantly heavier!

I've expect moderate to high crowds and, if you happen to get low crowds, it'll be a bonus!

mdhiggin
01-12-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm going then. Gay days are 4th-7th, so I read that if you avoid the specific park per day they go to it won't be bad. I really don't know for sure, but I'm hoping. The weekends will probably be busy with Star Wars weekends.

lockedoutlogic
01-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I read it is gay pride week, so most people try to stay away if you have little kids

?

Tink#64
01-13-2009, 11:12 PM
We too are thinking early June & was just reminded about the gay pride days. To each his own, but obviously there will probably be large crowds at those specific parks that are planned. Each park has a specific day. Thursday 6/4 - AK, 6/5 - DHS, 6/6 - MK & 6/7 is Epcot. Similar to the fact that I have grade school age DS' & we run in another direction when we encounted those school field trips in Epcot in May! :blush:

playdead88
01-14-2009, 06:02 AM

r u kidding me?! i must not be most people

MOJoe
01-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Early June is about as good as it gets for a summer WDW vacation. The reason is there are still a few schools that are in session, and others that are running over due to snow days. So the later you go in the month, the heavier the crowds get. Also the heat gets significantly worse in July.

As far as gay days go, i would not let it deter me from those dates, if that is when you are planning to go. The crowds may be somewhat larger, but not prohibitively so. And someone may correct me, but i don't think you will be much more likely to see any inappropriate public displays of affection than at any other time.

Iluvpooh
01-14-2009, 07:16 PM
There are some websites that will give you the Gay Days Schedule (I can't post them here) As far as the crowds go just avoid those parks.
I went one year during Gay Days and didn't even know it until we got home and some friends told me that it was going on while we were there.
DUH! You think we would have noticed:blush:

Iluvpooh
01-14-2009, 08:30 PM
btw-I just remembered that is in the middle of the Star Wars weekends.

Cinderelley
01-15-2009, 03:21 AM
I like going during the first week of June, but we too avoid the parks that are are planned for Gay Days on that day.

disneyers
01-15-2009, 11:16 PM
We are going to WDW the first week of June. I have no idea why you would stay away if you have little kids. It's not like gay people eat little kids for breakfast.

Anyway.... off my soapbox.....
I do hear that things will be relatively quiet/ low crowds at the beginning of the week. Things will pick up on Thursday when Gay Days officially begin. I've heard that the crowds with Gay Days are large crowds, so we will go to a different park those days.

The biggest crowds on Saturday, which is official Gay Day at MK and is Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios. So we plan to go to Epcot or AK on Saturday!

Hope that helps! Maybe we'll see you there!

Cinderelley
01-15-2009, 11:52 PM
We are going to WDW the first week of June. I have no idea why you would stay away if you have little kids. It's not like gay people eat little kids for breakfast.

Anyway.... off my soapbox.....
I do hear that things will be relatively quiet/ low crowds at the beginning of the week. Things will pick up on Thursday when Gay Days officially begin. I've heard that the crowds with Gay Days are large crowds, so we will go to a different park those days.

The biggest crowds on Saturday, which is official Gay Day at MK and is Star Wars Weekend at Hollywood Studios. So we plan to go to Epcot or AK on Saturday!

Hope that helps! Maybe we'll see you there!

I find it ironic that you state you don't understand why someone would stay away from Gay Days and then announce that you're going to Epcot or AK on Saturday instead of MK which is the Gay Day park of the day.

playdead88
01-16-2009, 06:13 AM

:funny: