PDA

View Full Version : My Disney Girl Princess Tea

junedis
01-11-2009, 11:30 PM
I would love to do this with my daughter as Aurora is her favorite princess. Has anyone gone before/ How did your daughter like it? I would welcome any ideas or comments!:mickey:

Mickey91
01-12-2009, 10:31 AM
I took my DD in Sept 2007. She was 9 at the time and the oldest there. Most of the girls were between 3 and 6. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Rose Petal and DD was given a tiara. We were taken to our seat where an aurora doll was waiting for her. The tables are preassigned with name plates and were beautiful! Inside her napkin was a little bracelet as a "surprise". Rose Petal is beautiful and of all the characters I have ever met at Disney, she is the most impressive. She flits around the room and sings beautiful songs and tells the girls (and sometimes boys), the story of Aurora. She usually has a child help her at one point and my DD was fortunate enough to be chosen. When she came to the point where she could visit individually with the children, her cue to come back interrupted DD time with her. Rose Petal promptly promised she would return as soon as she could and though it was a while, she kept her promise and DD probably got to see her a little longer because of it. I have never seen a more positive, fun character in both her role and manner. When a child was disruptive, she would simply sing to them that they need to sit and laugh at their antics and had a wonderful time them! Very graceful! At the end, Aurora comes out and meets with each child for a couple of minutes and hands each a real, long stem rose. Please be aware that the time spent with Aurora is very brief. Aurora will then have a parade with the girls and leave. Aurora even remembered DD later in the week at the Toon Town Hall of Fame! That just added to the magic of the party!

I personally LOVED this experience as did my DD. She still speaks of Rose Petal and how wonderful she was! My only complaint is the food. I would love to see them change the food portion of this party. Also, contrary to what some say on other sites, the doll is a disney doll that sells at the Disney World Parks for around $30-$40. It is NOT an American Girl doll. However, as far as I know, the only way to get this doll in the Aurora outfit is to go to the party. And, though you can get the other princesses outfits for this doll, I have not seen an Aurora outfit for sale. Last time I looked was Sept. '08.

So, if you are looking for a wonderful experience and don't mind that Aurora isn't there long, and food is not all that, it is wonderful!! I highly suggest a counter service in the budget for after. I hope this helps! If you have more questions feel free to PM me.

Oh, don't forget the cameras and autogragh book!!

Love TinkTink
01-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Where is this Princess Tea? I would love for my wife and 2 DD's to do this!

junedis
01-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks Mickey91 for all the great details! I think I will definately schedule this. I really am excited!:party:

Mickey91
01-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Where is this Princess Tea? I would love for my wife and 2 DD's to do this!

It is at the Grand Floridian. You can call 407-WDW-Play to make ressies. It is only on specific days so you need to plan your trip to accomodate. :mickey:

Mickey91
01-13-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks Mickey91 for all the great details! I think I will definately schedule this. I really am excited!:party:

You're welcome! Hope you enjoy it! Let me know how it goes!:mickey: