PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator at POP

alilprincessmom99
01-11-2009, 07:38 PM
We are taking a 10 day trip in May, and we are staying at POP, I know those rooms do not have refrigerators, but I was wondering if you can request one and how much they cost per day? Thanks for any help you can offer.:mickey:

disneydeb
01-11-2009, 08:08 PM
If you have a medical need they are free. (such as insulin for diabetics)

If not, they are $10 a day.

Ice is free on property. Many take a cooler and keep items on ice in a cooler.

alilprincessmom99
01-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Thank your for your prompt reply!

Urbss
01-12-2009, 03:55 PM
We just stayed at All Star Music and rented the refrigerator for $10 a day. Which isn't a bad deal, but.... if I would have had extra room in the car, I think I would have bought a small plug in cooler. You can get them for around $100. NO, they are not as big as the refrigerators, but they are a decent size and then you can use it for parties, family reunions, etc.

I guess it depends on your method of travel and how much room you have. Most of those coolers have the plug for the cigarette lighter in a car - so they can be usful for travel.

If i would have thought of it, I would have tried to use one of these and packed stuff in it for the trip and used it as a fridge in our room. The $70 that I spent on the rental would have almost paid for the cooler. Oh well - maybe next time.

kakn7294
01-12-2009, 06:19 PM
if I would have had extra room in the car, I think I would have bought a small plug in cooler.That's what I'm doing - we've had one for several years and don't use it much but it's great for occasions like this!

Depending on what you want to keep cool / cold, you can fill the ice bucket and keep a little bottle of milk, juice, or whatever overnight with decent success. It can save on the cost of the fridge if you don't need to keep a lot cold.

linedropper
01-13-2009, 01:34 AM
went in jan of 07 and stayed in pop, rented a fridge, 10 a night. worked out fine!

Steve:mickey:

PirateLover
01-13-2009, 07:15 PM
If you need it for medical reasons also make sure that you double check your bill at the end. I have meds that need to be refrigerated and that was noted on the reservation. Low and behold, at the end of the stay I find a $70+tax fee added onto the bill. I called the front desk and it was resolved rather quickly, but I'm glad I was vigilant.

InLikeSin
01-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I didn't realize that it would be free for medical reasons... I am a diabetic and it would be great to be able to store my insulin in the room. We made the reservation along time ago however and I didn't know to request it. Do you think I can I just ask at check in?

disneydeb
01-15-2009, 10:12 PM
I didn't realize that it would be free for medical reasons... I am a diabetic and it would be great to be able to store my insulin in the room. We made the reservation along time ago however and I didn't know to request it. Do you think I can I just ask at check in?

Did you make your reservations with MJ? If so I would just contact them and ask them to make the note on the ressie for you. If you made the ressies yourself,call ASAP and have it noted. Have a great trip!

PirateLover
01-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Do you think I can I just ask at check in?

Did you make your reservations with MJ? If so I would just contact them and ask them to make the note on the ressie for you. If you made the ressies yourself,call ASAP and have it noted. Have a great trip!
Definitely put in the request, and reiterate it at check in. However, all you need to do is call and let them know if it still isn't there.

Iluvpooh
01-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Just an FYI-Allergy shots count as well.