PDA

View Full Version : Getting Off Disney Property?

Dulcee
01-11-2009, 04:32 PM
While I've done Disney many times this will be the first time I'm flying there as my DBF refuses to drive. We are there for six days and one night we'd like to go to Universal's City Walk.

I've heard that renting a car on property can be expensive but I've also heard that taxi's to Universal can be even more. Personally I'd like to have the accesibility of a car the entire trip as I prefer not relying on WDW transportation but renting onsite may make that just too expensive. Has anyone dealt with this? Any suggestions?

faline
01-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I'd suggest pricing out the various options available to you and going with the least expensive. On one trip, we only needed a car for a day or two but when we figured out the rental costs plus the inconvenience of picking up a car and dropping it off mid-vacation, we ended up renting a car at the airport for the duration of our trip.

thumperbug
01-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I believe you can catch a city bus from the Transportation and ticket center to Universal.

pluto 77
01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Where can you rent a car on Disney Property?

thrillme
01-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Magic Kingdom has a car rental.

thumperbug
01-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I believe either at Swan/Dolphin you can get a rental car. Once I uses a rental car place that was located near DTD. They picked me up at my hotel, took me back to the rental place and when I dropped off the car they brought me back to my hotel as well

disneyfan328
01-12-2009, 03:11 PM
there are also rental places at the Car Care Center. From the pricing I have gotten so far it is cheaper to rent at the airport, but in our case we really only need it for a day or two. I priced it for the whole 8 days and it was over 300.00. No way I want to spend that kind of extra cash. We are debating doing the lynx bus to get to seaworld or if I can save it up just using quicksilver and saving the aggravation of doing the bus thing or renting a car for just one day. at least this is my thinking unless I can come across a really good deal on a rental car.