PDA

View Full Version : Help with planning for a family reunion

Daisy'sMom
01-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi everyone, it has just been decided that we will have a small family reunion in Sept at WDW. Now, I need help planning this masterpiece, because I am the one planning. We have 18 people coming from different parts of the country. I have one that insist that his neighbors have told him that they get free nights and tickets at WDW all the time. Now I have been going to Disney for the past thirty years. We go all the time, we live close by. I never have heard of that, am I wrong? Also have peole that are interested in the dining plan and some that are not. Is it practical, can some do it and still find that we can eat together? Do they still have the magical gathering crew to assist? Does it offer deals? Any information will be most helpful. Thanks. :mickey:

coloradowendyl
01-11-2009, 03:54 PM
For a party of 18 you will be booked as a Grand Gathering. Each family in the gathering may be booked with the package or room that best suits them. Everyone does not need to have the same package. You do not all have to be on the dining plan to eat together. You just need to let servers know at time of ordering who is and isn't on the dining plan.

As for Discounts, historically September is a great time of year for them. We have not seen special discounts for Grand Gatherings in the past.

As for the free nights/tickets, the neighbor may be referring to the current promotion of Buy 4/Get 3 free that is running through June 27, bookable until Jan.24.

Wendy