PDA

View Full Version : talk to me about SPAs!

dumbo_buddy
01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
i'm not sure if this is the correct area to ask this so please feel free to move me.

have any of you taken advantage of the spas at disney world?

DH and I are headed down in March. i'm expecting our first mouseketeer on the 4th of july. i thought a nice way to relax while on the trip would be to treat myself to a massage.

which spa do you recommend. the unofficial guide doesn't have all that many nice things to say about GF but i was thinking that's where i'd like to go.

thanks!:mickey:

TammiMcMan
01-11-2009, 02:53 PM
There's the Niki Bryan spas, which are at some of the Disney resorts. The only 2 resorts which have a true Niki Bryan spa, are the Grand Floridian and Saratoga Springs. The other locations are more massage centers, with limited offerings.

The Mandara Spa is at the Swan/Dolphin resort http://www.swandolphin.com/activities/spa.html. This one is very new and although I haven't gone yet, it looks incredible. I've been to the GF spa many times and it's okay, but if I had the opportunity, I would definitely try out the Mandara.

ginger19
01-11-2009, 04:31 PM
I highly recommend Mandara. GF is ok but it's noisy and busy. From the second I walked in to Mandara, I felt that the staff was really there to make me relax. I felt the front staff at GF was more annoyed by me being there honestly. Mandara is absolutely fabulous :)

dumbo_buddy
01-11-2009, 04:42 PM
i hadn't even thought about the swan spa. the site looks gorgeous!

the "mother to be" massage is $15 more at the mandara than at GF or SS ($150 v. $135). is it worth the $15?

i guess when you're spending that much you might as well go for the best ;) i'm worth it:secret:

Hammer
01-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Mention Intercot when you make your reservation at Mandara Spa. They are an Intercot sponsor and you should receive a 20% discount :thumbsup: .

ginger19
01-12-2009, 07:37 AM
i hadn't even thought about the swan spa. the site looks gorgeous!

the "mother to be" massage is $15 more at the mandara than at GF or SS ($150 v. $135). is it worth the $15?

i guess when you're spending that much you might as well go for the best ;) i'm worth it:secret:

The 20% discount should make up for the difference. Also, the atmosphere and ability to recline in a gorgeous chair on a balcony in a fabulous robe afterwards is SO worth it :cloud9:

Figment78
01-12-2009, 10:16 AM
I too recommend the mandara spa. I went to the Grand Floridian spa years and years ago and enjoyed it a lot, but the Mandara Spa at the Dolphin was AMAZING!