PDA

View Full Version : 4 f0r 3 park tickets

Iluvpooh
01-11-2009, 01:01 PM
We booked the 4 for 3 promotion for our upcoming trip in 3 weeks. The problem is that we only got 7 day park tickets. I asked about getting 8 days of tickets when I booked and the price difference was LOTS more than it should be. There are 13 of us and it seemed like the price increase was for a full price 1 day ticket EACH. So, I declined the extra day.
I am wanting to upgrade our tickets by 1 day when we get there. Can I do that? OR, will it be they charge me for a 1 day ticket. I was expecting the increase to just be a few dollars so I was very surprised when I was told it was a few hundred!
I have never had probems upgrading for just a few days before so this just seems a bit strange or part of the "trick" of this promotion.

CleveRocks
01-11-2009, 01:09 PM
After you receive your tickets at check-in, each individual can do with his/her ticket as each sees fit. To be safe, it can't hurt to use each ticket at least once before doing the upgrades (I know it sounds strange, but it's possible it'll matter) ... it works this way with discounted tickets purchased from authorized resellers, so it can't hurt to do it this way with these tickets.

But for sure, 100% sure, once the ticket is used at least once, the Disney computer system will not distinguish it from a 7-day ticket that you paid full price for.

You can upgrade your ticket from a 7-day to an 8-day for just $3 + tax.

No question about it.

Iluvpooh
01-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks you that was what I was wondering. I read somewhere that the tickets for this promotion were all 1 day passes so I wondered about the "cheap" upgrade.

DizneyRox
01-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks you that was what I was wondering. I read somewhere that the tickets for this promotion were all 1 day passes so I wondered about the "cheap" upgrade.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. Disney is pretty good at finding the loopholes in their systems these days.

Going with one day tickets would make tings harder, BUT also would allow people to swap/sell etc. They wouldn't be able to enforce the 14 day expiration rule either, UNLESS they put an expiration date on ALL the tickets, which is possible.

Has anyone taken advantage of the 7 for 4 deal that can speak to the tickets?

DryCreek
01-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Has anyone taken advantage of the 7 for 4 deal that can speak to the tickets?

But ask me in 21 days! Yahoo, going back.

Oh, better make that 28 days. Not bringing a computer with me, I don't plan to spend that much time in the room! Besides, how come we have to pay $10 per day for LAN based internet access, when even the cheapest motels now offer FREE wireless access?

PetefromRI
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I just added 2 nights to our trip yesterday and the extra 2 days of ParkHoppers for 2 adults was something like 12.00.Just another reason I deal with MJ.Let them do the legwork and there's no stress on me!

disneyfan328
01-12-2009, 08:00 AM
I also booked with MJ and we are staying for 8 nights 9 days with 8 day base tickets. I didn't check it exactly but I know with the price we are paying for the package there is no way for the extra day that we are paying 70+ per ticket for the 4 of us. It should only be a few dollars more to do it regardless of the package offer that you booked. (I am going to check with MJ to make sure:thumbsup:)

Ksmith75
01-16-2009, 10:57 AM
We booked the promo - for actually 9 nights - so I guess it is 9 for 6 - and we booked a 10 day myw with park hopper - it was only like 6 dollars more a ticket for a 10 day then a 9 day....

disneyfan328
01-16-2009, 01:51 PM
I checked with Denise :) and MJ and she confirmed that we are only paying a few dollars more per ticket as we are going for 8 nights 9 days on the 4 for 3 deal.

Thanks again Denise for putting up with all of my annoying questions!!!

13tink13
01-16-2009, 02:53 PM
We are not going until June but it is nice to know that we can upgrade if we choose to...and what makes it even better is...we booked with MJ too. No muss no fuss! I would NEVER book without Melissa:number1:!!!!

Iluvpooh
01-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Yes-After to talking to several CM at CRO it turns out that she was quoting us a Florida resident pass rate for 1 day passes.
BTW-It is around $3 per for the one day upgrade.