PDA

View Full Version : limo's??

DlandMommy
01-10-2009, 09:07 PM
I was wondering if any one has ever gotten a limo transfer from the airport to your resort?We are thinking this might be faster to get to our resort this way.last time we got there at 6 am and there was no line at DME:number1:This time were not going to get there till 545.Were thinking its not going to be that easy:confused: We called DME and they said at least one of us had to ride the bus to get our luggage transfered.So my question is ..... Is it to much work to take your own luggage to the resort if it gets you there faster?or should I just take DME and let them do all the work?

CleveRocks
01-10-2009, 10:06 PM
There's not much of a time difference between DME, car service, and car rental.

I always advise people to choose based on the level of service they want and how much they want to pay for it, rather than on time, since the time will all be about the same.

DlandMommy
01-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I just thought waiting in DME line would take long then we still have to stop at other peoples drop offs:(Just want to get there as fast as possible:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
01-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Having to wait at baggage claim for your luggage usually about evens out the wait in line at the DME counter, if there even is a line.

And you might not necessarily make stops at other resorts ... you might be the first stop.

I timed both of my DME experiences. The first time, it was 63 minutes from airplane exit to resort drop-off, and the second time it was 56 minutes.

Considering it can take 5-10 minutes to get to baggage claim from your gate (depending on your walking speed, as well as how long you ave to wait for the little monorail), and then maybe a 10-15 minute wait at baggage claim, and then 5 minutes for the car service driver to retrieve the vehicle from the "bullpen," then another 3 minutes to load the car and get everyone situated, and then a 30-minute drive to the resort ... that's a total of 53-to-63 minutes.

Well, as you can see, I did it that fast or faster both of the times I used DME.

The overall average reported DME time from airplane exit to resort drop-off (according to Disney) is 70 minutes.

PetefromRI
01-11-2009, 09:53 AM
We used QuickSilver last time and I don't know if we can ever go back.It's just my wife and I and we used to get our own luggage when we went on the ME so getting our own stuff never bothered me.Now when we arrive,Douglas is waiting for us at the escalaters and he grabs our luggage with us and brings them to the towncar and off we go right to our resort.It's kind of a fun way to start out trip.On the other hand,if you have little ones and you get a good driver,the ME is a great way to get emmersed in the complete Disney experience but for us we like the towncar.We always take the ME back to the airport,we're never in a hurry to leave.

DizneyRox
01-11-2009, 10:39 AM
We prefer the towncar/limo service over DME. We enjoy the grocery stop it will provide, the speed and knowing that we have our luggage is all worth it for us. PLUS, the three hour window they leave for the return to the airport has always been a sore spot. It can mean a lot less time on departure day to get some stuff done.

CleveRocks
01-11-2009, 01:17 PM
We prefer the towncar/limo service over DME. We enjoy the grocery stop it will provide, the speed and knowing that we have our luggage is all worth it for us. PLUS, the three hour window they leave for the return to the airport has always been a sore spot. It can mean a lot less time on departure day to get some stuff done.

When does the car service pick you up (how much time before your flight?)?

DizneyRox
01-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I've always told them when to pick me up. Sometimes I tell them 1 1/2 hours before my flight. Yes, if I run into traffic, etc then I might miss a flight, but I haven't had any trouble so far.

That 3 hours is just too much. If they end up going to another resort, have to load the bus there, etc. It's all just too much, I'd rather be enjoying myself.

Arrival TO the resort, I don't have too much of an issue with, except the lack of a grocery stop and the wait's I've experienced have been excessive as far as I'm concerned.

CleveRocks
01-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Just personal preference on my part, but even if I used a car service to get from MCO to my resort I'd skip the grocery stop and instead I'd order a grocery delivery. I'd rather not waste the time detouring to a store, walking around trying to find things, and waiting in line to pay.

faline
01-11-2009, 03:35 PM
If you go with a limo, I'd highly recommend Quicksiler! (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/)

starrmomof2
01-11-2009, 08:07 PM
We used Quicksilver on our last trip and would do it again. We haven't used ME, so I can't compare times,etc. What I really liked, though, was the service. As other posters have noted, the driver was waiting on us at the base of the escalator, gathered the luggage, then it was non-stop to the WL. On the return, there was no waiting on anyone else, or stopping at any other resorts, just us with 'front door' delivery at the airport. Yes, it did cost as opposed to the ME service being free, but it was worth it to us.

DizneyRox
01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
If you go with a limo, I'd highly recommend Quicksiler! (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/)
But of course...

mouseketeer mom
01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
We had a car take us to our resort before DME was in place. I don't believe that was a whole lot quicker than DME. Plus, using a car, you need to handle your own luggage. Having DME handle our luggage is a wonderful perk. I wouldn't go back to using a car while DME is in place.

Patty
01-12-2009, 10:02 PM
sadly we haven't been able to get back since DME was available. We used the car service on our last trip and loved it. I am not sure but I think our other option was the mears shuttle again don't quote me on that. The thought of having to loose time on your last day for a shuttle service really depressed me. We loved the car service and will probably use it again on our next trip for no other reason than the time frame on the return. My friends have all used DME though (never a car service) and said they will continue to use it, I guess it is just a matter of personal preference. One clue though make sure you and your driver both know where you are going to meet for you return to the airport. We were in the same general area, just at opposite ends of the entrance to the resort, and we didn't see each other for quite a while. Maybe I just didn't want to leave ;)

beksy
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
I loved using ME to get to the resort and get the trip off to a Disney start! Like a PP said, I'm not real happy with the 3 hour return time when leaving (I want to make as much of my time as possible and since I'm using Southwest I'll be doing my own luggage on return anyway). Has anybody ever used the ME to get to Disney and then rented a towncar for the return trip? If so, I'd appreciate any info like how to schedule, how far in advance to do it, etc. This is only my second time flying to Disney and Dbf's first so we're pretty new to all this. Just adds to the excitement!:mickey:

CleveRocks
01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
I've never used a car service in Florida, but I still feel qualified to answer that question.

Book as early as you can, just to make sure you secure a ride with the company of your choice. As far as what time to schedule ... the company will ask your flight time and number, and they will strongly suggest a pick-up time.