PDA

View Full Version : Stateroom Assignment on Disney Wonder?

mlj
01-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Just booked the Wonder online for 12/6/09 and it is my first cruise on Disney. We booked a Category 12 GTY and was wondering when Disney normally assigns the stateroom number?

mickey98
01-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Once your booked you can get your stateroom assignment right away. since you booked online I suggest you call reservations and they can give you your stateroom number

TammiMcMan
01-12-2009, 09:01 PM
A GTY room is a little bit different. DCL does not assign you a stateroom, but instead takes your money based on a category 12. If that category starts selling out, they move the guests who booked GTY up another category. So, while you may still end up in a category 12, by waiting for a stateroom assignment, you could be upgraded. You might not see a stateroom number until you get your documents. It could be worth the wait though :thumbsup:.

mlj
01-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks. Each cruiseline does it a little different. Checked with Disney and they said sometimes you will not know your stateroom until the day you sail.

That was how it was with Carnival a few years ago, booked a Gty and got the stateroom assignment the day of sailing. However; on my current Carnival sailing in May, we have been assigned a stateroom for months.

johnO
01-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Same thing here. Just booked online for a four day for the end of september '09 and received 'GTY'. The last time we sailed, Oct. '08, we booked online and got a stateroom number right away.........interesting.....:secret:

It sure would be nice for one of those CMs to spread a little Disney Magic our way...........:cool:

laguna
01-16-2009, 09:37 PM
We got our stateroom number in the mail about 2 weeks before our sailing. We booked a category 12 and received a category 12. It was a great room though and we would not have traded it!! The room was huge!