PDA

View Full Version : AKV Concierge

pox24
01-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Are there any 2BR located on the 6th floor in the Jambo House?

DVC Mike
01-09-2009, 08:33 PM
The Killimanjaro Club Concierge at AKV consists of five (5) 2-BR lock-off units.

PlutoPlanet
01-31-2009, 08:45 AM
I called at the first day of our 7 month window (we own at SSR) and could not reserve AKL Concierge even in late Aug. Practically speaking, do you have to own at AKL to reserve a concierge room?

DVC Mike
01-31-2009, 12:45 PM
I called at the first day of our 7 month window (we own at SSR) and could not reserve AKL Concierge even in late Aug. Practically speaking, do you have to own at AKL to reserve a concierge room?

Yes, due to the limited number of concierge rooms, you must be an owner to even get a good chance at booking one. I would think that as Kidani Village sells out, it will even get more difficult for non-AKV owners to book concierge.

ThanxForNoticin
02-02-2009, 12:14 PM

It's already extremely difficult even for AKV owners to book concierge in the 7 to 11-month window. Unfortunately, there are so few concierge rooms for DVC, it's almost impossible for non-AKV owners to get a concierge room there with points. We actually bought additional points at AKV (having our primary ownership at OKW) looking forward to the chance of using concierge occasionally. We were very disappointed to find out they have a max of around 10 rooms for concierge. You can imagine how quickly those rooms go to owners in the 4 months leading up to the time non-owners can get them.

DizneyRox
02-02-2009, 01:27 PM
This is surprising, since concierge is just a code on your KTTW card. I would expect they could make ANY Jambo house room a concierge room.

Is concierge ONLY Jambo house? Do they plan on doing concierge in Kidani Village, have they annoucned this?

Also, to clear up a little misinformation, you DO NOT have to own at AKLV to get into concierge. That makes it seem like a perk. Anyone CAN book an AKLV concierge level room IF they are still available at the 7 month booking window. I think what was meant to be said was that all of the concierge level rooms will probably be booked between the 11 month an 7 month window leaving none for other DVC owners. A cancellation or just passing on the perk WOULD make them available to anyone lucky enough to call at the right time.

Tinkermom
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Yes, due to the limited number of concierge rooms, you must be an owner to even get a good chance at booking one. I would think that as Kidani Village sells out, it will even get more difficult for non-AKV owners to book concierge.

OK, it is blanket statements like this that get me riled up. I called at 6 months out to get a 2 bedroom at AKLV for July. I wanted 4 nights. They had BOTH a concierge 2 bdrm AND a 2 bdrm in the new Kidani Village. We opted for Kidani Village because of the sleeper chair and the lower points. We do NOT own at AKLV.

I have found myself frustrated on this DVC board because it seems many folks answer in "extremes" saying things like "nearly impossible to get" "always booked" "extremely difficult to book" etc. Sure, sometimes you may not get exactly what you want but for the most part we have been able to get in with DVC both where and when we wanted. I do not think we are just "always" lucky! ;)

DVC Mike
02-02-2009, 07:54 PM
OK, it is blanket statements like this that get me riled up. I called at 6 months out to get a 2 bedroom at AKLV for July. I wanted 4 nights. They had BOTH a concierge 2 bdrm AND a 2 bdrm in the new Kidani Village. We opted for Kidani Village because of the sleeper chair and the lower points. We do NOT own at AKLV.

I have found myself frustrated on this DVC board because it seems many folks answer in "extremes" saying things like "nearly impossible to get" "always booked" "extremely difficult to book" etc. Sure, sometimes you may not get exactly what you want but for the most part we have been able to get in with DVC both where and when we wanted. I do not think we are just "always" lucky! ;)

Of the 458 units / 708 rooms at AKV (Jambo plus Kidani), there are only 5 Concierge units. They are all 2-BR lockoffs, for a maximum of 10 rooms if broken up into 1-BR and Studios.

I would bet that it will be extremely difficult to book them as AKV is sold out, unless you are an owner.

I stand by my statement.

ThanxForNoticin
02-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Of the 458 units / 708 rooms at AKV (Jambo plus Kidani), there are only 5 Concierge units. They are all 2-BR lockoffs, for a maximum of 10 rooms if broken up into 1-BR and Studios.

I would bet that it will be extremely difficult to book them as AKV is sold out, unless you are an owner.

I stand by my statement.

DITTO. I'm with DVC Mike. He's exactly correct. Tinkermom - I don't think folks are talking in extremes here. With so few concierge rooms (which was the original question of this post), the concierge option will almost always be gone before the 7-month non-AKV owners get a chance to book them. DVC Mike's point is as Kidani opens more rooms, there will be even more AKV owners - making it even tougher to get concierge. I don't think there's a need to chastise folks for answering based on personal experience and opinion. If you were able to get a concierge room in July, congratulations. That is more of an exception, however.