PDA

View Full Version : Going May 23-29 how crowded will it be?

Bama Mickey
01-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey guys! We are going to WDW May 23-29 and just realized that in addition to MDW it is the first weekend of Star Wars. My son (10) and daughter (5) love Star wars and are excited. The wife and I are very nervous about the crowds. How (un)manageable can we expect the crowds to be? This was the earliest that we could take our vacation with our school year and wanted get a jump on the crowds.

sassafras
01-09-2009, 06:34 AM
Star Wars weekends are fairly crowded, but boy are they fun!!! All sort of special activities at HS. When we were there a couple years ago, there was even a special parade! Most crowded was back where they had put most of the Star Wars merchandise in one store and there was a HUGE line to just get in. As long as you stay together, you'll have a good time, lots of interaction with characters and photos ops. Even storm troopers walking the roof of the entrance!!! We'll be there the 22nd-30th and both DH and myself are looking forward to it!
:thumbsup:

playdead88
01-09-2009, 09:53 AM
star wars weekends is only at DHS so it will be crowded there during the weekends - we went two years in a row and the key is get there when the park opens - as far as the other parks that week the crowds are manageable - may is a great month to go - the weather is hot but not melt the skin off your face hot - our plan of attack has always been hit the parks hard in the a.m at opening - take the afternoon break at your hotel and hit it hard again in the evening - have a great vacation and may the force be with you :yoda: