PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Disney Collection Booking

Disdude
01-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Here's the situation.

- We have 300 points.

- Our use year starts in September

- We borrowed 300 points from next year for a family trip that was supposed to happen next week but isn't. We have 600 points right now.

- We would like to use our points to take a cruise this year using roughly 300 points. We cannot book right now because we are in the process of adopting a child (a whole other story) and the completion dates are still not firm.

- The website says, "Members cannot book and travel on The Disney Collection vacations (excluding DisneylandŽ Resort hotels in California) within the last 4 months of their Use Year." This is on the cruise points page.

- We are thinking of banking this years points and spending next year's for the trip since all borrow transactions are final.

Confused yet? :confused:

So....

I have 2 questions.

1) It says you can not book and travel in the last 4 months. Does that mean I can book outside of the 4 months and still travel within the 4 months or nothing at all?

2) If I am technically spending next year's points, does it even matter.

I was trying to call member services today but after 15 minutes I got tired.

Thanks for the help.

DVC Mike
01-09-2009, 07:04 AM
You cannot book and travel on the Disney Collection (excluding Disneyland Resort Hotels in California), Concierge Collection and Adventurer Collection vacations within the last 4 months of your Use Year.

However, you can travel in the last 4 months of your Use Year as long as you've booked your stay more than 4 months before the end of your Use Year.

Aurora
01-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes, you can bank this year's points since you already borrowed next year's, and then you'd be even.

The four-month book-and-travel restriction would still apply.

So you can either take your chances and book using the 600 points before the four-month deadline applies, or bank your points and use the borrowed 300 some other way.

DizneyRox
01-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Yes, you can bank this year's points since you already borrowed next year's, and then you'd be even.
Even in terms of points, but oh so limited...

Those 300 points are locked into the current year. ANYTHING that doesn't get used is lost. Same with the points that are going to get banked.

Yes, as others have said, it's the book AND travel that's the issue. Book BEFORE the 4 month window and you're golden.

And, I may be wrong on this, but once you go outside your DVC resorts with reservations, those points CAN NOT be used at DVC resorts (POssibly with the exception of the Disney Collection). You've had a cancallation already, so be careful with the stipulations on where you end up using those points. This is the confusing part for me.

Finally, may sure you bank this years points before the deadline. You might want to verify you don't need any for whatever you have planned with next years points. Once those get banked you can't touch them!

Disdude
01-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks for all the posts. We ended up booking a cruise and a night before the cruise at SSR within the next month so it shouldn't be an issue now. My main concern was really being able to take a cruise within the "last 4 months" but we should be good to go now. We have until April till bank as I'm sure we will likely do.

Thanks again for the help.