PDA

View Full Version : My Dream of staying at AKL has finally come. Now for the questions?

Wishmaker
01-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I have always dreamded of staying at AKL. I never really read the previous posts of the resort questions becuase I never thought i would see the chance this soon. So any and all info you can give will be great my family is so excited.

I did however read the latest post on the upgrades, but how do you do that, just ask? Coffee makers, do they come in the room? Do you prefer bunk beds or two queen beds? Give me all you got.

THanks in advance.

TammiMcMan
01-08-2009, 04:51 PM
I did however read the latest post on the upgrades, but how do you do that, just ask?Not really. Asking does turn off some CM's who are happier giving an upgrade to an unsuspecting guest. In most cases, upgrades are done before you even check-in.

Coffee makers, do they come in the room?Yes, but just in case you don't have one, simply call housekeeping and they'll bring one up.

Do you prefer bunk beds or two queen beds?Bunkbeds are more expensive and only come in pool and savannah view. I think it all depends on your kids. I know mine hated sharing the same bed when they got a little older.

thejens
01-08-2009, 11:17 PM
We love AKL. It was our first resort and so richly themed. Be sure to spend some time at the pool. You can wander around and find little hidden surprises like a play ground, jacuzzi, viewing areas of different animals. I love it there. Be sure to try Boma and Jiko.

I'd love any info re. the bunkbed pool view room also as that is what we have booked. My kids will likely enjoy the bunk beds. Does anyone know, are they both single beds or is the bottom one a double? I ask because my 4 year old has a way of wanting me at night and I tend to fall asleep in his bed while I am soothing him back to sleep. I am also wondering if the pool view is good, bad or indifferent. Or noisy? It would take a lot to bother me, but just curious! Thanks.

TammiMcMan
01-08-2009, 11:25 PM
I'd love any info re. the bunkbed pool view room also as that is what we have booked. My kids will likely enjoy the bunk beds. Does anyone know, are they both single beds or is the bottom one a double? Both top and bottom are singles.

Jarrod
01-09-2009, 10:34 PM
We stayed at the AKL recently and booked the standard (parking lot view) room. 5 days prior to arriving we faxed in a room request like we always do at the other resorts where we have stayed and were given an upgrade to a partial savannah view room on the Kudu trail. it was absolutely great. The clerk said that we might possibly get to see some animals, but they would be at a distance. However, we had many animals that were very close to our balcony. We did have a view of the construction of the villas in the background, but we never experienced any problems or noise with it. Our room had a coffee maker and small fridge (I think they all have this feature) and we also got bunkbeds. Our boys (6 & 9) were very excited and it was nice because it gave us some extra floor space in the room.

If you have any other questions about the resort, just ask, we were there for 10 days and Loved it!

Have fun on your trip

Brooklynos
01-09-2009, 11:55 PM
We stayed at AKL about a year and half ago and LOVED it. The pool was great and there is a hot tub sort of hidden away to the left of the flamingos that we soaked our aching bones in almost every night. We were probably the exception in this, but we really didn't like BOMA and you can smell it every night you walk through the lobby so hopefully you'll enjoy Boma. We liked the food court, very friendly staff and took time out to explore the lobby as well. Also it has one of the better gift shops in our opinion.

like2workout
01-12-2009, 02:53 PM
i just returned from a week's stay at akl and loved every minute of it. for tips on what to do at the lodge, check out the "activities board" that is located on the first floor near boma's restaurant. It has a list of all activities that are going on, and there are alot of them! you'll have plenty to do just at the resort alone. enjoy!

Insanity Clause
01-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Congrats on AKL...This is my dream place to stay...still way out of budget though. You will have to let us all know how it goes!!

buzznwoodysmom
01-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Congrats on getting to stay at your dream resort! We've never stayed at AKL, but we love visiting. I hope it turns out to be everything you've dreamed of and more.