PDA

View Full Version : 10 year anniversary-need quiet and relaxing

heatherb
01-08-2009, 02:01 PM
My husband and I are planning a mini-vacation in our vacation to Orlando away from the kids. Any suggestions on where to stay on property for 2 days with less kids around? Looking for quiet and relaxing...and the chance to have a nice dinner and a few drinks.

badkitty
01-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I liked the POFQ. It is a smaller resort and it very relaxing for me. WL was also a favorite of my sister and my dad. Something about being near the lake and the woods was very refreshing. The courtyard view was a bit noisy when the kids were in the pool though.

Simbajr4ever
01-08-2009, 02:19 PM
For an adult experience: I would totally do SSR. If your splurging get the 1 bdr with the whirlpool tub.:thumbsup: We stayed there for 2 weeks in august and the quiet pools where empty, It is so spread out > we barely saw anyone. We asked for a "quiet" area and it was great.

Now, the same thing go's > if you want an action packed vacation >> this is NOT what you are looking for.:thedolls:

DisneyorBust
01-08-2009, 03:00 PM
May I suggest the Polynesian. Quiet, relaxing resort. Beautiful landscaping and beaches, great views of Cinderella Castle changing colors at night, as well as watching 'WISHES' from the beach.
Two restaurants and one counter service eatery to chose from, especially Kona Cafe, a bit more adult oriented. According to coffee drinkers there is a great coffee are next to Konas.
Have a great time!

kdsjjb
01-08-2009, 04:13 PM
DW and I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for our 14th, and it was great. We had a view of the Castle and were able to watch Wishes from our balcony.

If you stay there, eat at Artist Point. Quiet, romantic and the food was great.

TammiMcMan
01-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Less kids and Disney are two things that just don't go together :D. You could try to influence that a bit though, by booking during the week and avoiding summer, holidays and school breaks. A few resorts do have some pretty private areas, but they can be quite costly. For example, the 14th floor (Tower Club) of the Contemporary feels very exclusive. There are very few rooms up there, a private lounge that looks over the MK and club level amenities. There's also the garden suites at the BWI. These are so sweet, with a little garden in front of your unit and a white picket fence. Inside, it's 2 levels with a master king suite upstairs. The GF has a very private 2nd floor in the main building, which is where you'll find the honeymoon rooms.

For absolutely no kids, you can try to book dinner at Victoria & Alberts. Also, I know at the GF, even if you are in a standard room, you can work with private dining to set up a very special dinner for 2. There are a few spots around the resort, where it would just be the two of you and it really doesn't cost much more than a signature dining meal.

Now, you could go much less expensive for your room and arrange for an over the top experience. The GF has a yacht that you can book by the hour. I think it's around $350 and you can add on a meal. This can all be timed to coincide with the fireworks.

vicster
01-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Ditto on WL! It's my favorite place. We tried POFQ last September and really liked that it's a much smaller resort.

Cheloconnell
01-08-2009, 08:53 PM
My husband and I just celebrated an early 10th Anniversary without the kids this past December. We stayed at the Contemporary and absolutely loved it. The hotel surprised us with balloons and champage and it was amazing. We had a great Magic Kingdom view room. We also ate dinner at California Grill which was fabulous as well. The view can't be beat. We had a wonderful, grown up time to ourselves. Happy Anniversary :congrats:

KatMark
01-08-2009, 09:26 PM
DH and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at the Coronado Springs Resort. Yes, only a moderate, but spread out so it is always quiet and serene (even if a convention is there). We also love the Polynesian. However, we don't find it quiet. We have found just walking into the Poly and the Contemporary that it is very large. The only other deluxe we would consider staying at is the Animal Kingdom Lodge and the two times we have visited it seemed much quieter than the two deluxes we have stayed at (Poly & Contemporary). The Beach Club & Yacht Club seem on the quiet side but, like the Wildnerness Lodge, the theme does not appeal to us so we will probably never stay there.