PDA

View Full Version : T Rex restaurant

tpljmom
01-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Is the T Rex restaurant at Downtown Disney open yet?? What special features so they have?? Can they accomodate food allergies??

Itchy
01-08-2009, 02:55 PM
They are open but I have not been there yet.

It was not open my last trip in Sept. This link should get you information about the restaurant and the menu. http://www.trexcafe.com/Main/Eat.htm

I sounds pretty cool there have been some previous threads on T-Rex and all sounded pretty positive.

I would think that most restaurants would make provisions for dietary needs.

Have a great trip.:mickey:

29 day till the next trip

DDuck66
01-09-2009, 11:31 AM
I do not believe that you can make reservations through Disney (yet??), but you can call the restaurant direct at 407-828-8739. They will take reservations up to 6 months in advance. We have one for January 30th.

Jarrod
01-09-2009, 11:05 PM
We have been and it is a must see if you have young kids. However, be aware it is very loud. If you have been to a Rainforest Cafe, it is very similar in menu (just different names), lots and lots of selections. I am sure they can handle a special diet.

ElenitaB
01-10-2009, 12:44 AM
You'll find some more info about T-Rex on this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=148010) which started a bit earlier in the week.

kmo84
01-11-2009, 08:47 AM
I ate there last week. As a previous poster mentioned, the menu is pretty much like the Rain Forest's. And it is very noisy inside.

I didn't love it. The food was okay, but clearly you are paying for the atmosphere.

I guess I was hoping to see something more innovative either on the menu or inside the restaurant. It just didn't deliver.

If nothing else, it should ease the crowd at the Rain Forest. You can get the same meal, just choose between eating with dinosaurs or gorillas. :)

Hull-onian
01-11-2009, 11:46 AM
If you go into WDW news, you can see the video on T-Rex it is great. For me, a little too noisy, so I'll stick to RFC, which is also noisy.

goofygirl67
01-11-2009, 07:31 PM
T-Rex is noisy and if you are in the ice room it can be difficult to see the menu.
I went 3 times in December and got a different meal entree each time, none of which I have seen on RFC menu. I thought you got alot of food compared to some places. The French Onion Soup was the best I have had at WDW and it is served in a caldron instead of a bowl. I actually had a bad experience at RFC at DTD this time. I waited for over an hour after my return time and still had not been called. I said the heck with it and walked in (granted ate at the bar) at T-Rex.
By the way the bar seats at T-Rex are way more comfortable that the one's at RFC.

artyboy
01-12-2009, 04:30 PM
We were there the day before Christmas...very, very loud.

The comment about the Ice Cave is correct, it's pretty dark and hard to see...

For some reason the whole place just didn't feel like it had been well thought out as far as traffic patterns go. We kept fearing that we'd knock down a kid or a server.

Food wasn't bad...I'd say eat at the bar...take in the room...pay and get out.

ThanxForNoticin
01-12-2009, 07:59 PM
We just ate there a couple days ago with a large party, and the consensus was that most of our party really liked the food and the atmosphere. We had a couple small children who had a great time. The only negative that we saw was we were in the 'ice room', too. It's kind of a strange place to eat with the lighting changing so much. I think when we go back (and we will go again), we'll ask for one of the other rooms. The comparison to RainForest is accurate - very similar with dinos instead of gorillas and elephants. But the food was good and their chocolate dessert (called 'extinction') was very popular at our table!

the other micki
01-13-2009, 12:00 AM
I keep hearing about the "ice room", but what are some of the other rooms?