PDA

View Full Version : Can't edit my own posts

Aurora
01-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Don't know if this is a general problem or just mine, but suddenly there's no button on my posts that allows me to edit them. Is that a setting that I can change or do I have a larger problem?

(After posting this): OK, I just edited this one, but I'm not able to edit my last few posts in the DVC forum. I'm confused.

Thanks for aiding.

JPL
01-08-2009, 11:29 AM
The Ability to edit your posts has been changed so you only have a short amount of time to edit them since there were some problems with members editing posts to change the meaning later in discussions.

Aurora
01-08-2009, 06:28 PM
That makes sense. Thanks!

DizNee143
01-09-2009, 09:50 AM
ooh..ive been wondering the same thing also..
dont like the new rule..(but then again i dont like a few of your other rules either..lol)
you guys went from being able to edit a post from ones posted forever ago to..having what 20 minutes to catch a mistake?

Figment!
01-09-2009, 12:56 PM
you guys went from being able to edit a post from ones posted forever ago to..having what 20 minutes to catch a mistake?

As the boards provide a spell check feature, it is expected that (in most cases) any further errors could be caught by re-reading the post in a short time after posting.

If you post an mistake that egregiously alters the intent of your post and don't catch it in a short time after posting, you still have the option of contacting a Moderator of that forum and they will be happy to make the correction for you.

As was previously stated, the change was made to create a static dialog that prevented Guests from attempting to change a previous statement for argument sake rather than correction.

PirateLover
01-09-2009, 05:19 PM
This seems to be a case of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch which is a shame. I totally get why it was done, but it kinda stinks that if I'm rereading a thread and I happen to reread my post and notice a grammatical error, I can't fix it myself. Spell check can't cover everything, and many times the mistake isn't so terrible that I'd want to bother a mod about it (liked typing "and" instead of "an")