PDA

View Full Version : Too early to start planning for Dec. trip?

MirandaC
01-08-2009, 11:03 AM
well, just found out that my DH has a conference scheduled for 4 days of our 8 day trip in June!! :mad:

so, needless to say, i am going to cancel that trip and reschedule for a christmas vacation instead! :D

although disappointed that our trip is delayed, i am incredibly excited about this! i love christmas as WDW!!

so, what are your thoughts on planning my trip? should i wait a few months to book or do you think i have plenty of time?:confused:

MirandaC
01-08-2009, 11:04 AM
i mean, plan now or wait a few months?:blush:

daisyhead
01-08-2009, 11:14 AM
I always think the more you can get done ahead of time, the better. I know you can get a cheaper rate if something comes up. I like to plan it out and anticipate the trip. I think I enjoy this part almost as much as actually going to WDW. :mickey:

I know it's very busy around Christmas, so why not go ahead and make sure you get the room you want.

Have fun! I've never been at Christmas time and I've heard it's great!

Strmchsr
01-08-2009, 12:04 PM
It's up to you. There's no advantage to waiting. Especially if you book through Magical Journeys since they will update you reservation with any discounts which are released later.

MirandaC
01-08-2009, 12:26 PM
It's up to you. There's no advantage to waiting. Especially if you book through Magical Journeys since they will update you reservation with any discounts which are released later.

really? i can still get deals even if my trip is paid in full?

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Yes, you will still get the deals...that's what great about MJ...we used them for our trip this December and paid in full by May...they started running a special for some of the days on our trip and MJ got it for us...I got a $370 refund check.

MirandaC
01-08-2009, 12:55 PM
what is the number for MJ?

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Try www.yourmagicaljourneys.com

Strmchsr
01-08-2009, 01:39 PM
what is the number for MJ?

There's no phone number. Each agent has her own number. The website in the previous post is the way to get them. Fill in your info and you'll get a response within a couple of hours. If you don't check your SPAM folder as people sometimes lose MJ's email there. Once you have your agent assigned you'll communicate via email or she'll give you a number to call.

Marilyn Michetti
01-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Several times we made next years ressies as we were checking out. We didn't this year because we thought we would do something else in Dec., but with the Military Salute, I called SOG yesterday for Dec. 6 - 14, 2009.:thumbsup:

Suz36
01-09-2009, 08:10 PM
The sooner you book, the less chance you have of being disappointed that you can't get exactly what you want. You can always change things! I always book as soon as possible.

EeyoresBestFriend
01-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Our trip is at the beginning of Dec and we are already starting to get the plans laid down.::cloud9:
That is the very cool thing with MJ is that they'll help with whatever may pop up along the way but I can rest assured that I can get into my favourite resort either way! Thanks Terrisue!:thumbsup:
Downside is its still sooooo far away . . . .;)