PDA

View Full Version : Pinnochio's Village Haus

disneyfan328
01-08-2009, 08:50 AM
We really liked the food from this CS last time were were in the world (Sept 07) I am scouring the menus trying to decide where all we want to eat on our upcoming stay and on a "updated" menu on another site it looks like they don't have the Italian Sub anymore???? Just pizza and a few salads? Can anyone confirm? The menu here on intercot still shows it as available buy I am not sure when the last time that was updated. can anyone sonfirm if its still there or if its gone?????

DisneyFr33k
01-08-2009, 08:54 AM
I asked this prior to our trip in October, and it is indeed gone. We LOVED the panini and are sad it is gone. :( So we went to Columbia Harbour House and found we liked that as much. :D

Strmchsr
01-08-2009, 09:57 AM
As of yesterday when I was there it was the individual pizzas, chicken nuggets, and salads. Much of what was great about Pinocchio's is gone.

disneyfan328
01-08-2009, 12:28 PM
geez. I hadn't tried the panini but I did like the sub. We booked our vacation with the QS dining plan thinking that we would be good, now I am rethinking it. In looking at the menus it doesn't look like there is much of anything good now. DH liked Cosmic Rays. I thought it was just ok. We are not fish eaters either. Pecos bills doesn't look to appetizing either. Maybe a taco salad? I am wondering if we should reconsider the QS plan, but then again we have to eat something. We spent a lot of time dining last year ( free dining in sept) and we didn't want to do that again, now I just don't know. at least with a buffet or sit down we got something decent to eat, but it seems like it will be so much more money. Now I am at a loss.

any suggestions?

Ropachs
01-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Yes, get the taco salad at Pecos Bill, it was great that you can top it yourself!
I think I'll always love Pinnocchio's Haus, no matter what the menu, but I will say...last October I had the chicken caesar salad there and it was very good.
Cosmic Ray's - Bay one I believe, the rotisserie chicken dinner, really a full dinner for a CS price.

CaptSmee
01-08-2009, 04:02 PM
We really liked the food from this CS last time were were in the world (Sept 07) I am scouring the menus trying to decide where all we want to eat on our upcoming stay and on a "updated" menu on another site it looks like they don't have the Italian Sub anymore???? Just pizza and a few salads? Can anyone confirm? The menu here on intercot still shows it as available buy I am not sure when the last time that was updated. can anyone sonfirm if its still there or if its gone?????

Mostly pizzas...still have their infamous Figaro Fries though! We like them as a snack in the afternoon.

TinkiTime1989
01-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Mostly pizzas...still have their infamous Figaro Fries though! We like them as a snack in the afternoon.

Unfortunately as of September those wonderful Figaro Fries were nothing more than fries with cheese and bacon. No more lettuce, tomato, or ranch dressing. I was not happy and the only explanation they gave for why they had been changed was that there was too much prep work involved. If they already have chopped lettuce and tomatoes for salad's I don't see what the big deal is.

Cosmic Ray's seems to be one of the few good CS locations left in MK.

ilvdisney
01-10-2009, 06:42 PM
We ordered the fries and then asked the server if she could give us the 'extras' to make the Figaro Fries like they used to. She was more than happy to give us lettuce, tomato, and ranch dressing on the side and we just made our own Figaro Fries. They were awesome!

Natazu
01-10-2009, 08:38 PM
We always have Casey's at MK. We were big Cosmic Ray's fans but lately you never know what bays are going to be open which means you don't know what food is being offered 'til you get in line.

Trev&Ev Mom
01-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Peco's Bill's is our fav in MK. Sadly it will be closed for refurb while we're there (Jan 21-28) :(