PDA

View Full Version : Sept. vs. Nov.

MindyMouse76
01-08-2009, 07:28 AM
In the past I have always gone either the last week in August/First week in September. I love that time of the year b/c there are no crowds! Most rides are walkon. This year (first for my daughter) I was looking at Nov. However, it will be a lot cheaper in Sept. Is the heat tollerable? Especially if I go first thing in the morning (open the parks at 9am and take a break from noon to 4pm (go back to POFQ and nap/swim)? Assuming they offer the free dining and the cheaper room rate, we would save over 800 bucks! Just the heat and rain make me a little nervous. ON the other side - the possible cooler temps in Nov. (don't want to walk around in 60 degree temps with a sweatshirt etc... and possible long lines - I am not dealing with 30 minute waits with a 4 year old! Or dealing with them with my husband!!

So can't decide!!

sassy2000
01-08-2009, 08:52 AM
I would vote on November. September is SO hot and humid adn you are always dealing with afternoon t-storms. November's weather can be much more pleasant. We've been to Orlando in Nov and found temps in 70's to 80's most of the time. Plus the lines are not that bad. We just came back from 1st wk of Dec disney trip with 4 yr old and 2 yr old and had noproblem with lines. We arrived at opening at MK and went straight to FantasyLand. By 11:00 we had FP for peter pan, rode small world, snow white, pooh, carousel, Racetrack, and Buzz. We then had the rest of the day to do the rest of the park. We never wait in line for more then 10 minutes. We fast pass the popular rides. Also you can usaully get pretty good discounts going in Nov. The last 2 yrs we have taken advantage of the Oct-Dec discounts offered and saved quite a bit of money. :mickey:

MindyMouse76
01-08-2009, 08:58 AM
What kind of savings did you get in Dec? I was told with me staying at POFQ - sometimes the deals are sold out. If I go in Sept. I should get the free dining plus the rooms are cheaper then.

IloveDisney71
01-08-2009, 08:59 AM
I've been the week before Thanksgiving and found the crowds to be very light. PLUS we got to see all of the beautiful Christmas decorations.

sassy2000
01-08-2009, 09:08 AM
What kind of savings did you get in Dec? I was told with me staying at POFQ - sometimes the deals are sold out. If I go in Sept. I should get the free dining plus the rooms are cheaper then.

We saved $40.00/night at CSR. I will agree about POFQ. We were originally going to stay there but could not get the discount there during our stay so we swapped to CSR which was FANTASTIC!

ginger19
01-08-2009, 09:44 AM
I've been the last week in september and the second week in november and I liked november far more. While the lines were a little bit longer for the bigger rides, the weather was just fabulous with 80 degrees and hardly any rain. September was unbearably hot and humid for me.

vicster
01-08-2009, 11:01 AM
For some reason I totally love September. Last September it was hotter than usual - 90 every day and no rain whatsoever. I could deal with that as I love the heat but friends we were with didn't like it. I like sitting by the pool or hot tub enjoying a cocktail at 10:00 p.m. Four years ago we went in October and it cooled down earlier in the evening which I didn't care for. The free dining is a big plus also - we saved around $600.00.

Disney Doll
01-08-2009, 12:57 PM
I'd go with November. You said you've taken other September trips so you know the weather. I just hate being hot and sticky so weather is an important factor for me. Last year we went in October and I ended up pushing my dates back because I thought even early October looked too warm.

MindyMouse76
01-08-2009, 08:24 PM
What about swimming? It is really swimming weather in November? Even if the pool is heated - won't the air temp. be to chilly? Just not sure if we would be swimming at home if the high was only 75....

Also - I understand that the lines might be longer for the big rides in Nov., which my 4 year old most likely won't be interested in. However, what about all of the "normal" average rides. For example - I still love IASM and the Space Ship Earth rides. Will they be under 10 minutes at really any given point. What about others like Pirates of the Carribean, Nemo etc...

THanks.