PDA

View Full Version : New Years Week Dining Reviews

elmjimmlm
01-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I can honestly say that this year we really didn't have a bad experience with our dining...
We started out the week at Hollywood and Vine for lunch...We were there when it was about to end and the food was still fresh and very good...
LeCellier was next and I must say that this was the best filet that I have had in a long time...I tried the cheese soup and I know now that it lives up to its hipe:tasty:My DH had the NY strip steak and loved it...Our waitress was sooooo good...Whenever you go there ask for Emily...I know you will love her...
Yak and Yeti was our next stop and I think that this was the best meal all week for me...I had the wonton soup and it beats all the other soup that I have had in the past...I had the Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp...Usually I dint finish a steak when eating but this was so good that I could not stop...The chili plum sauce was really great with the shrimp and would love to have the recipe for it...My DH had the Maple Tamarind Chicken and he was very happy with his selection...We both had the fried wontons and that is a dessert that I will go back for again and again...
NYE we had lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern...I was happy that it was not the family style for lunch...After Thanksgiving and Christmas I was not ready for more turkey...I had the Tri-Corner sandwich that was a very large sandwich that could easily be shared with another person...I could have guessed what my DH would order, the Pilgrims Feast...Thats right, turkey with the works...I also had the brownie and DH had the apple tart...A very good meal that I will go to again...
Next we went to Kona Cafe...I had the shrimp roll that I really didn't care for but my DS loved...I also had the Pan-Asian Pasta with shrimp and the sweet and sour sauce on the noodles was great...DH had the Beef Teriyaki and he all but licked his plate clean...For dessert I had the white chocolate cheesecake that was a very wise choice because my DH ordered the Kilauea Torte and a coffee and since we were on the dining would not bring him the dessert even when he told them that he would pay seperate for it...(big misunderstanding)
Our last TS for the week was Ohana which is my DHs favorite...How can you go wrong with this meal...Our waitress was great and if you want really good service ask for Maria...
All in all this was our best year despite all of the crowds...I know that we will not go back that week again but we will definitely eat at all of these restaurants again...I hope that I didn't make it sound like our kids didn't eat, they were on the kids menu and loved their pizza and chicken nuggets...
I hope that this will help with some of the ?s about these restaurants but my reviews may not make a lot of difference because I come from a very small town that our best places to eat are McDonalds, Subway, Dairy Queen and Pizza Hut....:blush:

DisneyKings
01-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks! We'll be hitting a few of those places in a couple of weeks!!! We're also staying at POR--did you have a good experience there too?

elmjimmlm
01-07-2009, 07:58 PM
We're also staying at POR--did you have a good experience there too?

We love POR...If you can, request building 14...It is close to the quiet pool and the food court and also a short walk through the parking lot to the busses...We have stayed there 3 times and it is our home away from home...

KatMark
01-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the reviews--they were great. So glad you liked Yak & Yeti; we went in September and fell in love with it. It has become a must do. And we love LeCellier--and the soup.

You did great.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-08-2009, 08:53 AM
We had a Emily for a server too, she is great

betteratmk
01-08-2009, 09:08 AM
:confused: Why wouldn't they bring your husband dessert? The rest sounds great!