PDA

View Full Version : trip may 15-20...good time to go??

andypooh
01-07-2009, 05:16 PM
i am currently planning a trip for may 15-20. memorial day is may 25. i am wondering if i am planning my trip either too close to memorial day and/or if kids in the south are out of school yet? thanks for everyone's help.

PetefromRI
01-07-2009, 06:21 PM
You'll be fine that time of year.We prefer the 1st week in May,less humid and clearer skys,but you'll have great weather and pretty low crowds.We love anytime in May.:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
01-07-2009, 06:51 PM
We went at that time the year my oldest graduated from Kindergarten. We thought most schools would still be in since Louisiana is one of the first to get out for the summer and our son's graduation was a week before school let out for everyone else. We were sadly mistaken. The crowds were horrible and it was extremely hot and humid. Hopefully we just hit it on a bad week because we visited for a few days last June and it wasn't nearly as hot as that year in May. This year may not turn out to be too bad since it appears the economy is beginning to have an affect on travel. I hope you have better luck than us. Although we still had a fantastic time!

Briansmom
01-07-2009, 08:01 PM
We went during that time just about exactly last year (four days earlier) and it wasn't horribly crowded. Our son's school still wasnt out...I know most schools in NC are not out until the first week in June now since they passed legislature to 'help' the tourism trade here....bad for the kids but good for business...(and everyone knows we should put business before our kids' education....but excuse me, I digress... :rant:) Anyway, there were lines on the really popular rides but nothing like going during the summer or spring break. The weather was sort of a mixed bag...pretty nice most days but we did have two or three hot days tossed in (we were there nine days). Of course, being from the middle of NC, we are used to hot and humid so my idea of not too hot might be a little different than yours.. :sun:

I hope you have a wonderful time...I am trying to decide if I can swing a trip the same time this year...that sweet 4/3 deal is calling, no....screaming, my name! :goofy:

Tink#64
01-07-2009, 10:56 PM
We've been right around that exact time 3 times & it was wonderful! Not too crowded, warm, yes, but you are in Florida! Our usual highs are mid 80's to low 90's & might need a light jacket some evenings, I usually do, but non of my guys do! Not really chilly but some 60's at night usually. We have to pull DS's out of school to go at that time, but for us it's perfect!. We waited a week later & arrived the weekend prior to the weekend of MD & it was waaaaaaayyyyyyy more crowded! Everywhere, parks, pools, food courts, etc! It was crazy busy! We went last year during Spring Break & it was less crowded than that MD holiday weekend! Not as good as our fav week in May, but very manageable. I hope have a magical trip! :tink: