PDA

View Full Version : BC Balconies

llamaface
01-07-2009, 03:32 PM
I've been reading various posts about the lack of full balconies at the BC. While it shouldn't be a deciding factor, my family loves to sit out on a balcony at the end of the day. Can anyone give me some specifics regarding which floors/rooms have full balconies vs. which ones do not?
We would really like to stay at a Deluxe this May, just trying to decide which would be the best.

TammiMcMan
01-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I think the first floor is the only one that would give you a full patio. Other than that, varying balcony sizes are scattered around the resort. The best you can do, is put "full balcony" as your one and only request, then keep your fingers crossed.

llamaface
01-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks for your reply. If we changed the view to water, does that make a difference, or doesn't that have anything to do with it? I kind of remember finding a web site a long time ago with specific room #'s and the types of balconies they had.......
Would we be better off staying at the Grand Floridian (if we can afford it)? What are the balconies/GV's like there?

TammiMcMan
01-07-2009, 06:39 PM
If we changed the view to water, does that make a difference, or doesn't that have anything to do with it?View doesn't matter.

I kind of remember finding a web site a long time ago with specific room #'s and the types of balconies they had.......I know the site you are thinking of. They do have floorplans with the old view categories, but no breakdown on size of balconies for every room.

Would we be better off staying at the Grand Floridian (if we can afford it)? What are the balconies/GV's like there?Every standard room at the GF has a full balcony. They have a wrought iron railing and privacy panels between them. The rooms located on the top floor have slightly smaller, private balconies which are enclosed by a solid wood railing. GV rooms offer just that, a view of the interior gardens or pool. If a full balcony is the priority for your trip and you want to stay in the Epcot area, you could consider Yacht Club. It shares amenities with the Beach Club, same price range and has a much higher percentage of full balconies.

llamaface
01-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Thanks Tammi. We are currently booked at POR, but I would really like to take advantage with the 4/3 deal and go "deluxe" this time around. I hadn't really looked into the Yacht Club as an option - are they undergoing renovations or anything?

TammiMcMan
01-07-2009, 07:18 PM
I hadn't really looked into the Yacht Club as an option - are they undergoing renovations or anything?I know that they were recently working on room rehabs, not sure if they are 100% finished yet.