PDA

View Full Version : DDP or OOP on Easter Trip

Crow
01-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Ill be going w my 2 nephews (13&15) staying at POFQ. When i go, Iike some TS & some CS.
This is their first trip
DDP cost for 7 nights is $840.
Pros of DDP- meals are prepaid, tax included. We can order what we want, THe holiday surcharge at buffets wouldnt apply to us.
Cons-dessert included. Im more of an app then dessert person and I dont want them eating more. Some of the places I go are 2 TS credits, such as AP, CG,FF.
I will be getting refillable mugs, which arent on the plan. I also :beer::marg: which isnt included in the plan. And a $15 PH voucher is included in the MYW pkg.
Either way Id have to make ADRs since it is a busy time.

If I can keep the cost of eating for 8 days under $840 by splitting some things etc its better to pay OOP. I also bought $300 of Disney Gift cards at 10% off and Im putting away $50 a wk at 2.20 interest.

If I decide to add the plan I can do it up to 10 days before the trip I believe.
Your thoughts?

Tbelle1976
01-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I know they are boys, but are they each able to eat an adult meal for you to pay the adult prices with the DDP. I guess I would just consider either splitting a meal with the 13yo, or maybe the two of the boys could split a meal as well. I've heard some portions are pretty big.

VWL Mom
01-07-2009, 04:03 PM
We go OOP with 2 boys 13 & 17. We usually spend around the cost of DDP. Like you, we prefer appetizers over dessert and like the 2 TS places, and sometimes share a app & entree between 2 of us. We find OOP less restrictive.

Another note is DDP will cost you $840 for 7 nights. However, if you go to 2 of your favorite 2TS places that will leave you with 2 meals to pay for. Just something to consider.

betteratmk
01-07-2009, 04:18 PM
My boys were on the small side at that age but could definitely eat their own meal. We have 5 boys and 2 girls. We would eat counter service the night of our arrival to free up a 2-TBS meal. We found breakfast the least expensive meal to pay OOP. You would have to pay OOP for :marg: anyway!! The best thing is to add up the cost of the dinners (meals) you think you would consume. Boys that age usually graze all day:D

SBETigg
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
I would go with the dining plan. Boys that age can eat lots and they probably won't want to split meals. You're planning enough TS meals to make it worth your while, from what I've seen, even if you skip desserts.

cindchan
01-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Wait...the cost is over $100 a day??? I could easily pay far less than that every day OOP. In fact, I could easily get by with less then $50 a day. So it's of no value to me. I suppose if you plan to eat at only the most expensive places, it'd be worth it.

Crow
01-08-2009, 11:27 AM
the cost is for all 3 of us for 7 nights/8days.
i can get by wo many meals a day. They can eat adult sized meals. Ive only used the DDP twice for the free times. If I still had an AP i would use the DDE (or Tables in WOnderland i guess it is now) as that gave me 20% inc :beer::marg: at many TS.
if I do go w the DDP and use some credits at 2TS places, thats no biggie as there are enough CS credits to use also.
Thanks for the inputs!