PDA

View Full Version : Norwalk Virus at WDW?

cnoble1967
01-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Has anyone heard about rumors that Norwalk Virus is circulating WDW?

#1donaldfan
01-07-2009, 12:43 PM
....what the ...... what is that ??? we were just there....do I need to be scared....

thumperbug
01-07-2009, 12:44 PM
do you mean to Noro/Rino virus? No, this is always a rumor. ANytime you hit public places you run risk of catching something. Just keep you hands clean, away from your face and use a lot of anitbacterial wipes and you will be fine.

harlowandthemermaid
01-07-2009, 01:03 PM
....what the ...... what is that ??? we were just there....do I need to be scared....
Norwalk virus is a stomach bug....I'd say if you haven't gotten sick already you'll be fine. This is going around all over the country, we've had huge outbreaks of it here, they are quarantining people in nursing homes that have it and some schools have closed classrooms, it's been very bad this year.
WE will be in WDW next week and I always come armed with wipes, purrell etc. The first thing I do after going through the turnstiles is clean my hands, we had a discussion recently about how that is probably one of the germiest places in the park since everyone has to put their fingers there coming in the park.
My daughter just had the norwalk virus a few weeks ago and thankfully you do remain immune for at least a few months to most related strains of the virus.

MarkC
01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
we just spent 4 days at WDW and didn't get sick, nor did we notice anyone ill or even talking about it. My relatives in St. Louis were all sick but we somehow didn't catch it from them. Mark

disneyworld55925592
01-07-2009, 02:11 PM
I think its more the Flu but my dad is sick and we got back from disney a day ago! I believe it was more the travel and plane though.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-07-2009, 02:44 PM
There is already a thread discussing this over here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=147428).

Figment!
01-07-2009, 03:25 PM
**Moderator Note**

To keep discussion in one place, please follow the link provided above.