PDA

View Full Version : Crt or Cali Grill

dopeydawnie
01-07-2009, 11:30 AM
I am going to Disney in August, while I am there I will celebrate my birthday. My husband says this will be our last visit or atleast for some years:(: so I want to celebrate my birthday at either CRT OR CG. Which one is better for a fun birthday dinner. It will be my DH, DD16,DD11, and DD9. My second question, is CRT still 180 adr and CG 90? Thanks for your help! I love Intercot, I think I am on here reading almost every day, thanks for all the help you have given me with my previous trips, my friends are always impressed with my knowledge of Disney. I credit it all to Intercot:thumbsup:

LisRich
01-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Wow! Two very different choices but either would make for a special birthday dinner! Eating in the castle is magical - it is a very beautiful setting and just being in the midst of the Magic Kingdom is a great experience - if you haven't done it before, you should try it at least once! Also, I believe the dinner is NOT a character meal so there will not be princesses floating around. All that being said, the food is only so-so and over priced (my opinion - but I've read similar reviews). You are really paying for the experience of eating in the castle (and meeting princesses at breakfast or lunch if I'm correct on that).
California Grill, on the other hand, is one of the best places to eat in WDW for excellent food and service - more upscale that CRT. Also, if you time your reservations right, you will have a magnificent view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the restaurant. Being on the top of the Contemporary affords the best view anywhere of the Magic Kingdom and the fireworks!

So it's a tough choice. I'd lean toward Californa Grill though for the combination of better quality of food and a wonderful atmosphere! Enjoy and have a magical birthday! :party:

StillSimbaGirl
01-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Really, one only goes to the Castle for the DDs to meet the princesses (same at Norway)...for food, you eat some place else. Even at dinner.

The california Grill is lovely; the food is really good and the view outstanding for the fireworks.

If you were asking where to celebrate your 6 year old's birthday, CRT is the obvious winner....but you sound like a grownup...so...

Now, if you secretly long to meet Cinderella...that my princess, is a different story.

Kairi_7378
01-07-2009, 01:16 PM
For a special grown up dinner, I would select the CA Grill. It is one of our favorite restaurants. Another great choice where you could at least see the Castle and Wishes would be Narcoose's.

joonyer
01-07-2009, 01:29 PM
CG over CRT, hands down, no contest. The only reason to pay for a meal at CRT is if you have kids that want to interact with the princesses. The food is mediocre at best and service was poor. Not to mention extremely overpriced. We were very disppointed after spending well over $100.00 for lunch there for 2 adults and 2 kids. CRT would not survive as just a restaurant based on food quality and service. It only exists because it is in the castle in the middle of the MK.

California Grill on the other hand is one of the best restaurants in all of Florida. You will experience fabulous food and service, as well as a one of a kind atmosphere, although very different from the castle. Seeing the fireworks form the top of the Contemporary is just as magical, if not more so, than eating in the castle. Of course , I'm not into princesses, and neither are my boys.
Even if you don't have a window table, you'll be allowed to go out onto the balcony to view the fireworks while they are going off if that happens during your meal.
CG is expensive, but I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

dopeydawnie
01-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Thank you for your responses, I think California Grill sounds great, and if I can try to plan it for the fireworks viewing it will be a fantastic way to celebrate my birthday. Thanks again, I knew you guys would help!:rocks: