PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Stations

Dznygrl79
01-07-2009, 07:00 AM
I am going to be making a 2 week trek to Disney this fall with my tent, so I will be using the comfort stations. Is there anything I should know about them? Are they truely private showers? Are they pay showers ( I had a horrible experiance in a campground in Cape May)?

Goofeygal
01-07-2009, 08:38 AM
We have camped at Fort Wilderness several times. The comfort stations are always clean. The showers are individual stalls,no you do not pay to use them. You will love the camp ground.

teambricker04
01-07-2009, 11:41 AM
As far as camping goes, these are the cleanest showers I have ever seen at a campground. There is a comfort station with in walking distance, and I think there is one for every two loops or so.... I thought there were a lot. The one we had when we tented had three stalls that had a door like a toilet stall door. Inside there was a "dry" area with hooks and a bench and the a curtain for the actual shower. There is one handicap stall with a nozzle that raises and lowers. I think there were three or four sinks and plenty of mirrors and outlets.

I don't think this is a horrible experience type of comfort station... don't worry:mickey:

faline
01-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Unless they've changed considerably, these were the roomiest and cleanest campground showers I've ever used.

joonyer
01-07-2009, 01:11 PM
I agree. We have (pop-up) camped at many places for many years and the Fort Wilderness comfort stations are without a doubt the BEST comfort stations I have ever experienced at any campground. They are always clean, and warm in winter or cool in summer.
In addition to the other things that were mentioned, each one has a coin-op ice machine, which is really handy when you don't have an RV with a fridge and need to keep your food & drinks chilled. Saves a lot of trips to the trading post or off campus for ice.
Each one has a coin-op laundry, also.

Disneyfirsttimer
01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I am going to be making a 2 week trek to Disney this fall with my tent, so I will be using the comfort stations. Is there anything I should know about them? Are they truely private showers? Are they pay showers ( I had a horrible experiance in a campground in Cape May)?

Just curious - where in Cape May did you stay? We have gone to either Cape May or Wildwood Crest since my 9 yo was born. We started camping several years ago in Cape May and have stayed at Seashore Campsites twice and Beachcomber once.

Laughin' place
01-16-2009, 01:32 PM
The comfort stations are second to none! This is true year-round, but especially in the heat. I clean, cool oasis. We stayed in the cabin in June 08, and I chose mine to be VERY close to the comfort station in the neighboring loop. We have 4 teenage sons, who all wanted to use the one bathroom in our cabin (which I wanted to reserve for my DW). They quickly came to prefer the comfort station. Ive camped in 48 states, and its the only bathroom Ive ever wanted to just sit outside and take in the scenery, LOL:blush: