PDA

View Full Version : Pop ?

nicjohn3
01-06-2009, 06:56 PM
We got our paper work in mail the other day-It says P0p Century-Classic-Preferred. My ? is what does the "classic" mean-anybody know??Thanks

PirateLover
01-06-2009, 07:43 PM
What we know as POP Century was originally only supposed to be HALF of the entire POP resort. It is known as the "Classic Years." The place where you check in is "Classic Hall." The other half of the resort was supposed to be the first half of the 20th Century, known as "Legendary Years."

DisneyGlutton
01-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Classic refers to the "Classic Years" which is basically the part of the resort you'll be staying in (themed after the 50's thru the 90's). Since the other part of the resort, the Legendary Years, hasn't opened yet, I'm not sure what the point of noting that is, lol

nicjohn3
01-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Thank you--I dont usually pay for the preferred rooms, but did so this time since it was not as much as upgrading at the moderates. I want to make sure I am by the food court:secret:

DisneyGlutton
01-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Thank you--I dont usually pay for the preferred rooms, but did so this time since it was not as much as upgrading at the moderates. I want to make sure I am by the food court:secret:

That's very smart...I did that last trip and I can promise that your feet will thank you, especially at the end of the day:thumbsup:

MickeyChick
01-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Totally worth it to go for the preferred upgrade at Pop. Some of the 80s and 90s buildings are FAR away from Classic Hall.

cindchan
01-08-2009, 09:00 PM
"Legendary Years?' So is it the 20's and 30's and the like? That would actually be pretty cool! I was pondering if I would stay in the 70's (loved Big Wheel as a child), or the 80's (My entire teen years). But hearing about the "Legendary Years", I think I'll wait till that part opens and stay there!! Try to get the 20's area! :thumbsup:

Camping Mom
01-10-2009, 11:16 PM
You will be waiting a long time for Legendary. We went 3 years ago to Pop and saw across the way that they were building a new part of Pop. When we inquired, we were told it would be 1900-1940. We thought of all the wonderful possibilities...flapper age, WWI and WWII, Big band music. We were told to email our suggestions in, but the email address didn't work. Sadly, we later found out that NOTHING has been done in 3 years and it will likely be torn down. The latest rumor is that Disney will build family type rooms there like AS Music or Sports...not sure which of them has it. Sad, sad...it could have been a ball!!!!