PDA

View Full Version : using gift card to pay for tips

nicjohn3
01-06-2009, 06:47 PM
It was questioned on another post, but nobody replied. It was brought up --does anyone know for sure if it can be done or not. Thanks.

Trev&Ev Mom
01-06-2009, 07:46 PM
It is my understanding, Yes!!! Here are the terms and conditions from the disney website on the use of disney gift cards:

One gift card per reservation provided at time of check-in. The Disney Gift Card can be used at select participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disney Store locations in the US, and Disneyshopping.com. It is not redeemable for cash, will not be replaced if lost or stolen without required proof of purchase and it is subject to the terms and conditions of the Disney Gift Card Program. The Disney Gift Card is issued by Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. Gift cards may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney Dollars or Disney Gift Cards. Other restrictions may apply. Use of gift card is acceptance of its terms and conditions. Visit DisneyGiftCard.com for more information about the Disney Gift Card program.

From DisneyGiftCard.com:
At the Walt Disney World® Resort, the Disney Gift Card can be redeemed at select merchandise, food, ticketing and Guest Service locations, select third party lessees and Downtown Disney® District Operating Participant locations. Disney Gift Card is not accepted, at McDonalds®, Jellyrolls, Rainforest Café®, and the Richard Petty Driving Experience.

Hope I'm right because that's what I'm planning on using my $200 for!!!

nicjohn3
01-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks==I never thought about using it for that until someone had questioned it! Great!

Itchy
01-06-2009, 07:51 PM
It is my understanding as well that you can use it for just about anything on the disney property's. I believe that it would be the same as the Chase Disney rewards card.

Either way I am going enjoy mine in 31 days.:thumbsup::cool:

Happy spending...:mickey:

Grumpy's Daughter
01-06-2009, 08:50 PM
I used gift cards to pay for just about everything on property, including tips, last week. My sons school sells gift cards, so I just added a few for Disney each time I ordered cards. It's great to know that your vacation is totally paid for before you get there! :thumbsup:

Disney Lynn
01-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Are these Disney gift cards? (As opposed to the Disney Visa Rewards Cards) Can you purchase them when you check-in? Or at a guest services window? Does anyone know of a link for them (to the WDW site)? Thanks!

Trev&Ev Mom
01-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Are these Disney gift cards? (As opposed to the Disney Visa Rewards Cards) Can you purchase them when you check-in? Or at a guest services window? Does anyone know of a link for them (to the WDW site)? Thanks!

The gift card we were originally referring to was the free $200 gc that is being given as part of the 4/3 deal.

If you want to purchase a gift card, you can do so at disneygiftcard.com

Hallomagic
01-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for asking the question again...I think it may have been my question... I was hoping for an answer!
:mickey:

nicjohn3
01-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Not a problem--I am glad you asked it because I never thought of it --Great idea!! Sounds like we can do it!

Hallomagic
01-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Just called Disney and they said "YES"!

Disney1977
01-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Thank you for posting this question. For me tipping is a great use for the $200 gift card.

Liz

alilprincessmom99
01-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I hate to sound silly, but where are these gift cards coming from and what does it have to do with the 4/3 deal?

Beast_fanatic
01-11-2009, 09:38 PM
I hate to sound silly, but where are these gift cards coming from and what does it have to do with the 4/3 deal?

On the 4/3 deal, trips Between 1/4/08 and 3/29/08 and receive a $200 Gift Card as part of the promotion.

Iluvpooh
01-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Just an FYI-That is per room not per reservation!! We were very excited to find out that we get 4 of them!
With gift cards, I find it easier to charge everything to my room and then pay my room charges with the gift cards.