PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Restaurant for Lunch

honeebee86
01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I am trying to decide on a sit down meal in Epcot for a trip we are doing in May. We will be renting DVC points from a friend and decided to add the counter-service plan instead of the regular dining plan this trip and then to pay out of pocket for a couple meals. So far, we know we are going to do lunch at Liberty Tree and also dinner at Ohana. We would like to try a new Epcot restaurant and prefer lunch to save a little money. If anyone has suggestions, they are greatly appreciated. We have eaten at Le Cellier and San Angel Inn, so something other than those two. Also, if you have suggestions on what to order that would be great as well! Thank you!:mickey:

SBETigg
01-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Rose & Crown, order the bangers and mash, really amazing. I was expecting a blah sausage sort of dish, but it's incredibly good. But the fish and chips are also decent. They also have good starters, like the mushrooms or cheese plate. If you want dessert, I like the Sticky Toffee Pudding or Trifle. It's especially nice if you can sit outside and enjoy the view.

If you're looking for something a little more exotic, try Marrakesh. I also enjoy Chefs de France (the escargot, the braised short ribs).

lockedoutlogic
01-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I agree that Rose and Crown are good experiences.....

but i would say the best lunch offerings are Tuottu Italia, Chefs de France, and Coral Reef....in no particular order

if you like hearty...Biergarten is fun and never gets any credit

nicjohn3
01-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Coral Reef
Tutto Italia
Biergarten

:mickey:

DisneyGlutton
01-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Coral Reef has a nice atmosphere, while Tutto Italia has nicer food but is more expensive if its out of pocket. I didn't care for the bangers and mash at Rose and Crown at all, though the restaurant itself would be my third recommendation.

Arielfan98
01-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Hmmm...the Morracan restaurant has delicious food. I once got a lunch box special there once and it was a great price. (Although my family had the meal plan and we were using a counter service.) But cheap if you were to pay. Hope I helped. HAVE A GREAT TRIP! :thumbsup:

Crow
01-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Tokyo Dining. far & away the best service.
good sushi, sake
Marrakesh for something different
Chefs de France I had a good lunch of the short ribs last trip

Tbelle1976
01-07-2009, 07:06 AM
We have chosen to do Coral Reef for our lunch next month. DH really wanted to go there and I had read so many mixed reviews in the last year or so. However, in the past few month people seem to really enjoy it and so off to Coral Reef we are going!

By the way, our dinner is at San Angel Inn and then another lunch on a different day at Le Cellier.

SurferStitch
01-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Our favorite place for lunch is Nine Dragons. We've always had excellent food and service there.

We also love Le Cellier for lunch or dinner, but you've already done that.

cindchan
01-07-2009, 08:50 PM
I agree with both Rose and Crown, and Marrakesh. Both have really good food, and are easy to get a table for, with out a res.

Coach48
01-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I agree that Rose and Crown are good experiences.....

but i would say the best lunch offerings are Tuottu Italia, Chefs de France, and Coral Reef....in no particular order

if you like hearty...Biergarten is fun and never gets any credit

I also agree Biergarten gets no credit.My family and I love the buffett and the atmosphere.The kids love dancing to the oompah band.The food is very good and you can't underestimate the value of all you can eat.

jonahbear2006
01-08-2009, 05:21 PM
all you can eat is great. I think that people underestimate it, imho, as well. You have so much more variety. I actually despise having a limited plate. Biergarten does look great. We didnt reserve it cause my husband was concerned about the menu we read online but we checked it out and it looked fabulous, was beautiful in there, and smelled delish! Le Cellier is great great great! but may be hard to get. We got it only by being on concierge level.

Luv Eeyore
01-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Love the Rose & Crown (will be eating there in April - yipee!), and also enjoyed Biergarten, even my DS who is probably the pickiest eater on the planet found lots to like.

AdventurerKim
01-09-2009, 12:45 PM
We always eat at Les Chefs De France for lunch once a trip. I prefer their lunch menu to the dinner menu. The quiche is great as is the ham and cheese sandwich. Desserts are of course to die for!

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Biergarten, yumm...and don't forget:beer:

jcvalenti
01-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Biergarten is great fun, but more of a big group / family place, I would think. The food is good, but the most fun is hoisting beers and watching the kids dance like maniacs.

Marrakesh has some very interesting menu choices, if you like that kind of food.

Rose & Crown is always solid, and I second the Bangers and Mash recommendation. I loved that dish when I first had it as a 13 year old visiting Epcot for the first time in 1984, and I love it 24 years later !