PDA

View Full Version : Post 1000! How Soon After a WDW Vacation do YOU Start Planning Your Next One?

Goes4FastPass
01-06-2009, 01:54 PM
My 1,000th Intercot Post!

It seems like I always have a WDW vacation scheduled. Those bouce-back offers (which I never seem to get!) are right up my alley.

Even if the plan is tentative or many months away I like looking forward to being in the land of the purple road signs.

Ha! Maybe that's hat a DVC member is - somebody who always has a plan to return to WDW.

How soon after a WDW vacation do you start planning your next visit?

faline
01-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Sometimes I start planning my next trip before I've taken one already in planning stages!

mouseketeer mom
01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm with faline. I'm always planning my next trip. I cannot leave WDW without having a plan of when I'm returning!!

merlinmagic4
01-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Either right after I get back or sometimes even before, like Faline! I am always planning the next trip :mickey:

Congrats on 1000 :party:

Goes4FastPass
01-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Help! Moderator! Can you fix my the TYPO in my TITLE??

:paranoid: :haha::silly:

mdhiggin
01-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Lately, we have future trips booked two months before we leave on a current trip.

Disney1977
01-06-2009, 02:24 PM
We are planning our next trip even before we leave for this next one.

We will be in WDW the last week in January 2009 and are planning a trip with my brother for August 2010. Planning is half the fun.

Liz

#1donaldfan
01-06-2009, 02:25 PM
...mostly our last day at a park we start conspiring our next visit....it's a true sickness I know that now.....Hello, my name is......I am a Disneyholic..

mook3y
01-06-2009, 02:36 PM
:blush: usually have next tripped planned before we even go.

Currently, we have 3 trips planned through December 2011

IT IS a Sickness AND it is contagious

TBY2225
01-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I never stop planning! What fun would that be?

:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
We are Disney geeks and always seem to have a trip booked.

We're always thinking and planning and scheming a new trip, and we book as soon as we can...there is something about having the trip actually booked!

Currently, we have a May 2009 trip, and an August 2010 cruise on the books :)

mickeefan
01-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Were right in there with the rest of you. After we check in the first thing we look for is the bounceback information. We usually are booked that same day or at least by day number 2.

SAHDad
01-06-2009, 04:57 PM
We are arriving in just over 18 days, and we have our next trip already planned. It looks like nothing in 2010 :( so I am scoping dates for 2011. (I am hoping to talk everyone into marathon weekend again, but I doubt that will happen, so I might try for Christmas instead.)

wdwnomad
01-06-2009, 10:40 PM
If I see Disney is offering a bounceback special while I am there I normally start planing the next trip before it even starts.

tundramom
01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I've got the :mickey:DT's, this is the first time in many years that I didn't have a date within 30 days of returning home:ill:. We are doing a big (for us) remodelling project this spring so WDW is temporarily on hold, but I guarantee I'll have a date by May:secret::plot:

threeh
01-07-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm already planning my next trip in my mind. I just want to check out our options were to stay. I'll book it real soon after we return :mickey:

sillyolbear
01-07-2009, 10:48 AM
We usually have two or three trips on the calendar all the time so the planning never really stops. That is actually the thing we like most about our DVC membership.

Goes4FastPass
01-07-2009, 02:38 PM
I talked to a co-worker recently who is planning a 2009 trip for her family. She said they neeed to do "everything" because it will be a ONCE in a lifetime trip for them (she has 3 daughters, ages 7 and twins 5).

I told her part of not killing yourself on a WDW vacation is reminding yourself, "we will return."

Kisobel
01-07-2009, 03:09 PM
before i leave for the current one. i need to know i have another trip in the works. even if i tweak it later.

kate

MarkC
01-07-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm the family "planner", and we normally have trips planned out almost 2 years in advance. We knew last spring we would go the 2nd week of August, 2008 and 1st week of August, 2009 to maximize our annual passes and DVC membership. We were surprised by a December trip when we decided to attend the Gator Bowl but having our passes made that trip easy as well. That's the shortest trip ever planned-- 3 weeks in advance. Next planned trip after this August-- sometime in 2011 after my youngest graduates from high school. That's when we start planning trips for just the wife and me. Can't wait for those either. Mark

kakn7294
01-07-2009, 04:20 PM
It depends. Right now, I'm planning 2 - March and July. We bought AP's in August last year with just that purpose in mind so I guess I actually had 3 trips in the works at once. However, after July, I can't honestly say when the next one will be. Perhaps just a short little weekend sometime in 2010 but maybe not until DD's next HS band trip in 2011. I guess we'll just have to see how badly the rest of the family misses is (I already know how badly I'll miss it) and when I can talk them into going back! Of course, DH is talking Disneyland in 2010 - that would more than satisfy me too!

disneymom15
01-07-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm like everyone else. I always have at least 1 trip in the works. We were there Aug 08, did the bounce back for Dec 08, in Dec we did bounce back for Aug/Sept 09 and just last Saturday husband surprised me with birthday trip for next week.

jensantuit
01-07-2009, 09:29 PM
We are like everyone else, we either plan our next trip before we've even left or the day we get back from Disney. We currently have 3 trips in the planning stages. Now that we own DVC it just gives us more reason to think ahead to the next trip.

dolphinmickey9170
01-07-2009, 10:00 PM
There is no waiting until I return from one to make the next. I have the next three vacations planned. Even working on a couple for 2010 and one for 2011. Am I an addict?

dolphinmickey9170
01-07-2009, 10:02 PM
It depends. Right now, I'm planning 2 - March and July. We bought AP's in August last year with just that purpose in mind so I guess I actually had 3 trips in the works at once. However, after July, I can't honestly say when the next one will be. Perhaps just a short little weekend sometime in 2010 but maybe not until DD's next HS band trip in 2011. I guess we'll just have to see how badly the rest of the family misses is (I already know how badly I'll miss it) and when I can talk them into going back! Of course, DH is talking Disneyland in 2010 - that would more than satisfy me too!

Did you forget my graduation party in Sept 2011? HMM??? Don't leave me hanging, you have to be there.

mudpuppysmom
01-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm always planning in my head......then I verbalize it to DH.....he says, "Whatever dear, when the time rolls around and if I can go with you guys I will, if not I know you will be ok without me"......most of the time he comes for a "long weekend" (Friday thru Monday) but this last trip he came for nearly the entire trip!

Right now I'm plotting how we can swing something before the end of the year....I said while we were there in December I'd not ever go again with an infant, so until DS#2 can walk, talk and go to the bathroom without having a diaper on him we were not going again! Now it's me that wants to go again!!!

Dsnygirl
01-08-2009, 12:25 AM
:mickey: Usually, I'm planning my next one before we've even left on the one coming up... used to be my DH didn't even want to know that, but now, he sort-of likes knowing there's one "out there", too. Kind-of like an insurance policy for while you're there so that if you miss something, it's no big deal, b/c you know you're coming back. :blush:

MushuGrl
01-08-2009, 10:53 AM
We know we want to go back, and we know where we want to stay, where we want to eat, we just gotta get a date.

Like many said, we actually started planning a return on the trip home!

Gator
01-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I normally start planning as soon as I'm back at my house. I start figuring out when a good time is that gives me enough time to save. However, this last time, it took me a lot longer to get into the WDW mood. Mainly, it was the bus service being so terrible. I thought that to be such a great convenience, but it isn't now that half the park-goers ride ECVs (not really half...but close:D). So it's taken a few weeks to get those horrible experiences out of my immediate memory. However, I found myself yesterday logging on to airline sites to start getting a feel for ticket fares. Sad really. I just paid off the credit card for the last trip.

Jeri Lynn
01-08-2009, 03:24 PM
I am always in the PPS...perpetual planning stage...even if I am there I am already planning what to do on my next vacation!

fairestoneofall
01-08-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm leaving in 2 days for WDW, but have several overnights planned for DL (we live an hour away) and are planning a 2010 trip back to WDW and looking forward to Disney Cruise in 2011 (when babies are old enough for kids club).

princessjojo
01-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Well, I kinda an always planning a trip somewhere in my head. Always working on dining locations, what day at what park, what the time of year it may be, pool days, ect. But the difficult part is nailing down a date. This year is out of the question. I know I want a new house, and we've hit the time of needing new vehicles, both of us, and one DS getting too close to 16 not to start working on getting him a car as well. I guess that could be resolved with more overtime, but that in itself can be tough at times.

Anyway back to the original topic, I'm always planning, and DH knows this so when I do bring out the goods, he's not too suprised. He even throws out ideas on occasion....

kakn7294
01-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Did you forget my graduation party in Sept 2011? HMM??? Don't leave me hanging, you have to be there.I certainly did not forget but that's not until September 2011! I guess I can still count that as planning a trip though...

NewmanFamily6
01-08-2009, 07:46 PM
:blush:Honestly, I immediately try to start tossing ideas around. I am constantly looking for deals or how to use our DVC points effectively. Thats right we own DVC and still sometimes pay to go;)

Suz36
01-09-2009, 08:17 PM
We're leaving in 21 days, and I already know we'll be back May '10 (DD 10th and hubby's BD), March '12 (my 40th) and April '13 (DS 10th). That leaves 2011 open - hubby says we need to slow down on our frequency, but I'll work on him!;)

MinnieMommie
01-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Sometimes I start planning my next trip before I've taken one already in planning stages!

exactly!! :mickey:

iheartdisney
01-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I cannot leave WDW without having a plan of when I'm returning!!

Usually. The last trip we took was a spur of the moment because we found out our daughter/chorus would be performing at Candlelight. Because it was a scramble to put together enough money to go we had no idea when we'd return. I was never more depressed on that last day!

iheartdisney
01-10-2009, 08:37 AM
hubby says we need to slow down on our frequency, but I'll work on him!;)

Let me know if you find something that works! My husband says the same thing! He actually thinks there are other places to vacation other than WDW. I have no idea WHAT he is talking about.

Trev&Ev Mom
01-11-2009, 11:01 AM
...mostly our last day at a park we start conspiring our next visit....it's a true sickness I know that now.....Hello, my name is......I am a Disneyholic..

I'm in the chair next to you at that meeting! We're planning our next trip as we're walking out of the MK on our last day!

Polynesian Dweller
01-11-2009, 11:46 AM
I guess its planning but its more like tweaking our regular trip plan. We always have a good idea of when we are returning and what we want to do. We really just adjust things like the restaurants we are going to go to and while we are at WDW we think of things we'll change the next time or things we want to do that we didn't have time for this tme.

So I suppose, planning never really stops and is a constant thing.

Insanity Clause
01-11-2009, 06:38 PM
We are already planning the next one and we don't go for 98 more days but we are planning on going December on 2010