PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise safari

DisneyHoneymooners
01-06-2009, 11:53 AM
DW and I our planning our annual trip and think we would like to include the sunrise safari at AK park. Has anyone done it, was it worth the price, what can we expect? Our trip is in Sept. how early can we book it? Any info would be great, thanks :mickey:

Tinkerfreak
01-06-2009, 11:59 AM
We have done this and it really was the best experience we have had at Disney. My entire family absolutely loved it. We did it again the next year and loved it just as much. They really told us alot of information about Disneys animal program, the animals themselves and answered any questions we had. They took their time and we saw so many animals upclose it was amazing. We had plenty of time to video tape and take pictures, something that is hard to do on the regular safari ride because the vehicle does not stop for pictures. The breakfast after at Tusker House was just wonderful. We could not believe how good the food was.
If we stayed concierge at AKL again we would definately do this again.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-06-2009, 01:30 PM
I think you have to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge to do this

Santuitman
01-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Hmm
Where can we find more details as well? I just made DVC reservations today for December at Kidani village and I wonder if it is open to DVC members?

mouseketeer mom
01-06-2009, 01:55 PM
This was a fantastic experience for our family of 5. We viewed all the backstage areas of AK park, our tour guide Courtney, she was terrific, taught us so very much about the operations of the park and the lodge. We took the safari ride, led by Courtney, and we were out there almost an hour, the animals were all around us, we had a ball . It continued over breakfast at the Tusker House, which was GREAT. Courtney sat with us and talked some more. Then we were given fastpasses to ride the safari again when park opened, or later in the day. It was amazing.

TheRustyScupper
01-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Hmm
Where can we find more details as well? I just made DVC reservations today for December at Kidani village and I wonder if it is open to DVC members?

1) I thought you had to be staying in the Lodge.
2) In other words, booked into Concierge space.
3) I did not think the village qualified.

NOTE: If wrong, some one please correct me. Thanks.

jpH/keD
01-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Just how much does this cost???:confused:

TheRustyScupper
01-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Just how much does this cost???:confused:

1) $55/adult and $27.50/kids.
2) Includes safari and nice breakfast.

missalabama
01-07-2009, 02:12 PM
you have to be staying at AKL conceirge to do the sunrise safari. These rooms are only in Jambo House.

BiloxiMom
01-07-2009, 04:17 PM
We booked a sunrise safari for our upcoming trip and we're staying club level at the Poly. I ddin't know it included breakfast... we meet at Hambasa Marketplace at 10AM. Is this a different safari?

TammiMcMan
01-15-2009, 12:48 AM
There are actually a number of safari's offered, so it's easy to get them mixed up.

1. Sunrise Safari ~ offered to AKL and AKV club level guests only. This includes an early morning tour of the Kilimanjaro safari, followed by a bountiful breakfast. In addition to the cost of the safari, you must have AK park tickets as well. ($58)

2. Wanyama (Sunset) Safari ~ offered to AKL and AKV guests only. A discounted price is available for AKL and AKV club level guests. This includes an evening ride through the AKL safari and a wonderful dinner at Jiko's. ($210)

3. Wildlife Discovery Safari ~ offered to any WDW club level guest. Private vehicle tour of the Kilimanjaro Safari with a naturalist and some photo opportunities. Select days and times. ($45)

4. Backstage Safari ~ Any AK park guest aged 16 or older. Behind the scenes look at the food prep area, wellness center, conservation, possible animal visits and a ride through the Kilimanjaro Safari with a guide and no "Big Red" script. ($70)

TammiMcMan
01-15-2009, 12:49 AM
We booked a sunrise safari for our upcoming trip and we're staying club level at the Poly. I ddin't know it included breakfast... we meet at Hambasa Marketplace at 10AM. Is this a different safari?Yes, you would be #3 above. No breakfast included.

Santuitman
01-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi
Could someone define "club level"? I don't understand what that is? I'd love to do one of the sunrise ones with my family but can't figure out the club thing.:confused:
Thanks

BiloxiMom
01-15-2009, 08:58 AM
I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that Club Level is another term for staying on the conceirge floors of the Deluxe resorts. We've never stayed club level before, but I will next week!!:party:

ThanxForNoticin
01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that Club Level is another term for staying on the conceirge floors of the Deluxe resorts. We've never stayed club level before, but I will next week!!:party:

I think you are absolutely correct. Club level is concierge level. It costs more money and gives the guests a few more perks. To do the Sunrise Safari, you have to be staying on the concierge/club level of the AKL - either DVC concierge or regular concierge. The Sunrise Safari is an amazing experience. The breakfast afterward is among the best meals we've eaten at Disney. For years, the breakfast was held in Tusker House, but I now understand it's held at Pizzafari. I'm assuming it's still the same great food, just a different location.

Santuitman
01-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the clarification!!!!