PDA

View Full Version : Did you get an AP pin code for later this year?

Dsnygirl
01-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Hey all --

A friend of mine received an e-mail from Disney yesterday w/ a pin code for AP holders... just wondering if any other AP holders got it?

I somehow have been out of the e-mail loop and called Disney today to find out why... somehow, the "do not send me e-mails" box got clicked, and they fixed it... and said I should be receiving all the e-mails I missed, but have yet to see any, especially this one.

So -- just curious to know if all AP holders got it, or if it was random, just like regular pin coldes.

:thanks:

VWL Mom
01-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I got mine on Saturday. It is the same dates as the 40% being discussed here in another thread, but it says value resorts and there is no fine print about other levels.

KylesMom
01-06-2009, 12:33 PM
It's been years since I got an A/P PIN Code - nothin' this time around, either!

Diz-Knee
01-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Don't mean to hijack the thread but with other AP holder on here I thought I would ask - I just activated my passes a couple of weeks ago. How do I make sure they have my email to send me specials? I don't recall the lady asking me my email address when she took my information...maybe she did???

badkitty
01-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Hmmm... I didn't get one either. Come to think of it, I haven't gotten anything in a long time...

Kisobel
01-06-2009, 09:11 PM
call-- because i got a moderate at close to 40% off for dates in oct. i was really happy to see the pin code. i needed another trip planned.

kate

Dsnygirl
01-06-2009, 11:34 PM
i was really happy to see the pin code. i needed another trip planned.

kate
ummm.... sure you did. don't you leave in about 14 days??? :D

Kisobel
01-07-2009, 03:13 PM
hush, didn't you just get back and are going again in 14 days :thedolls:

by the way i got preffered room at CB for 117$ a night with my pin. not bad i thought.

kate

Ian
01-07-2009, 03:26 PM
It's been years since I got an A/P PIN Code - nothin' this time around, either!Same here and honestly it really irritates me. I don't at all understand why some AP holders get stuff and others don't. That seems just ridiculous, IMO.

Dsnygirl
01-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Same here and honestly it really irritates me. I don't at all understand why some AP holders get stuff and others don't. That seems just ridiculous, IMO.
Ian, I'm with you on this -- I'm a new AP holder, but haven't ever received a pin on any other front, either. :(

I've been trying to figure out why, and the only thing I can come up with is frequency of trips... I have a friend who is also a new AP holder (Kate, up above on this thread, actually...) but has only been twice in recent years. She's been getting pins when everyone else does -- and it seems many of the people who get the pins either haven't been in a year or two, either. ( I may be wrong -- anyone out there who's gotten a pin even though a frequent traveler be sure to correct me, I'm honestly very curious as to the trend on this point)

But I agree on the frustration -- it seems that the pins go to folks that Disney doesn't seem as sure will be back vs. those of us who just returned or have already re-booked. Grrr.... :thedolls:

Cheloconnell
01-07-2009, 07:47 PM
I am an annual passholder and go frequently - April 08, September 08, December 08, Feb 09 and booked April 2009. I have never, ever received a pin via email, mail or any other form of communication. I hold a Disney Visa card. It always irritates me when I hear everyone else getting the discounts. What's wrong with me? :(

TiggeRia
01-07-2009, 08:22 PM
I didn't get it either :(

DDuck66
01-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Ian, I'm with you on this -- I'm a new AP holder, but haven't ever received a pin on any other front, either. :(

I've been trying to figure out why, and the only thing I can come up with is frequency of trips... I have a friend who is also a new AP holder (Kate, up above on this thread, actually...) but has only been twice in recent years. She's been getting pins when everyone else does -- and it seems many of the people who get the pins either haven't been in a year or two, either. ( I may be wrong -- anyone out there who's gotten a pin even though a frequent traveler be sure to correct me, I'm honestly very curious as to the trend on this point)

But I agree on the frustration -- it seems that the pins go to folks that Disney doesn't seem as sure will be back vs. those of us who just returned or have already re-booked. Grrr.... :thedolls:
We have been AP Holders for going on 3 years and have never gotten a discount pin either!!! Once again, we are frequent travellers who go every month and usually stay on site 4 times a year.

mickeys_princess_mom
01-08-2009, 08:01 PM

Well...I just got back Sunday from second trip (long story) in less than a month, and we've been averaging about three a year lately--got a pin code! I'll be using it!

wildernesslady
01-09-2009, 09:09 AM
I did get one in the mail. I was surprised because I usually never get any. I wish I could transfer to someone. We are booked this year using our DVC points so I can't use it. Any suggestions. I'm pretty sure my name has to be linked with the pin number.

goofygirl67
01-11-2009, 02:38 PM
I have never received the discount code in the mail. I go 3 weeks a year every year maybe that's why. I got 30% for Sept on the bounceback booking but I wouldn't mind another 10% off.

EeyoresBestFriend
01-11-2009, 07:26 PM
I have my first AP and plan on activating it in December 2009. Can I get on that list or do you have to have it activated already??

wdwnomad
01-11-2009, 10:33 PM
We got the 40% pin via email the other day. I called today to price out a package and inquired about it being used as an AP code. The email didn't say anything about it being an AP code but I heard they were out there. The CM checked and was able to use it as an AP code. She really didn't say much when doing it so I don't know if she did anything special with it. It worked out great because with the AP code you don't have to buy the one day tickets that are part of a package when you want the dining plan.