PDA

View Full Version : Booking directly thru WDW - no tax??

Utopia74
01-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey folks..

Quick question. If I booked directly through WDW, is there no tax? Reason I ask, I went onto the site and plugged in dates/hotel. The exact same request through MJ came out $100 more! It says at the bottom on the WDW site, "There is no tax on this package".

Somewhat related question - can I get an AAA discount through MJ? How much is that discount typically?

Thanks!

Tink1
01-05-2009, 09:51 PM
We get our pricing directly from Disney, so there should be no difference if you are entering the exact same thing in. Often, people miss the hopper option which would be about $100 for 2 people.

Packages should have the tax included on the Disney site, but I have never used the public site.

Nanc

kakn7294
01-06-2009, 12:28 AM
I've always used the public site for WDW to get an idea of pricing and I've always had the tax added.

Polynesian Dweller
01-06-2009, 09:38 AM
The Disney site does include tax. The first offer page does say that the package does not include tax but when you complete the offer process it most definitely does state that the tax is included.

The $100 cost difference may be due to the fact that the Disney site auto selects the most expensive option for things like tickets. For example, it always choose an 8 day ticket for a 7 night stay, park hopper option, and water park option. If that's not what you want then you have to "remove' the tickets and then 'Add Tickets'. A bit intimidating if you don't know step two is there which is likely their way of forcing a higher cost. You have to check on their site that you have got exactly what you want and not what they try to make you take.

DizneyRox
01-06-2009, 10:17 AM
I've always seen that when prices are advertised, they don't include tax (and truthfully they say that). I think what's confusing if people think they actually won't have to pay tax which isn't true.

I always tell people to make sure you compare apples to apples. When getting price quotes always make sure they all include taxes, fees, same options, etc. That way you know what you're getting into.

Utopia74
01-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks, I'm pretty much a moron. The cost was cheaper on the WDW site because it does not include the Park Hopper option by default, whereas they automatically included it at MJ. That explains the difference.

faline
01-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks, I'm pretty much a moron. The cost was cheaper on the WDW site because it does not include the Park Hopper option by default, whereas they automatically included it at MJ. That explains the difference.

Sometimes it's hard to see where a difference like that lies and it helps to talk it through with friends - like all the terrific folks here at Intercot!