PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed in the "Real" cat. 12 rooms?

miasmom
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi -
The only affordable rooms on the cruise date we want are in the Cat. 12 rooms. MJ has told me that there are 13 Category 12 rooms, and they are all under the nightclubs/discos (and also all the way forward. Or maybe all the way back, but either way, they are at one end of the boat.)

If we wear earplugs, will we be able to block out the noise? I don't mind the vibrations (if any) from the room above, but 7 nights without sleep does not a vacation make.

If you've stayed in these particular rooms, please tell me the truth about them...... If they are truly not doable, then we'll have to look at another cruise line, but we really had our hearts set on DCL.

thanks

Pooh Fan
01-05-2009, 08:25 PM
My wife and I did a Disney cruise several years ago and our room was directly below the comedy club. My wife needs a fan to sleep anyways so we found that by turing on the bathroom fan we really couldn't hear anything from above us. I have since cruised a few times with other lines and learned that a category 12 or 13 with Disney is much nicer and more spacious than a mid category on other cruise lines. We paid for a 5 category upgrade a few years ago with RC and found the room to be about the same size as our cat. 12 on Disney. Personally, unless I am planning to shell out enough for a verandah, I take the lowest category as we really don't spend time in our room unless we are sleeping.:mickey:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
01-07-2009, 02:58 PM
We plan on taking a small floor fan with us. We always take it with us when we stay in a hotel. We just need the "white noise" regardless of where we sleep.