PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Dec. 20-24

Airblue1
01-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Itinerary Staying at AKL
Deluxe Dining Plan

Dec. 20th (Studios)
50's Primetime- Always awesome and a must do every visit.

Brown Derby/Fantasmic Package- Food was delicious and the service was great.

Osbourne Lights-Awesome, must see, it is unreal how many lights are on display and to know one family supported the entire display at one time.
Hidden Secret: find the black cat. It is moved to a different location every year.

Crowds- Light to Moderate

Downtown Disney-Always a mess. People losing their children, minds and wallets.

Raglan Road- To take the edge off!

Dec. 21st (Magic Kingdom)
Keys to the Kingdom-For the price it is a great tour. During this time of year is a way to get around the Magic Kingdom without fighting the crowds. The tour highlights several parts, Walt's dreams and ideas, as well as, the attention to detail. The highlight of the tour is going back stage and to floor 1. If you have been to the Magic Kingdom several times I would highly suggest the tour.

Dreams Parade Christmas- Just like it is on TV. Gotta love a parade.

Castle Lighting- The castle looks simply breath taking and the ceremony, in true Disney fashion, adds a story.

California Grill and Fireworks- If watching wishes, Christmas Style, and eating a great meal are on your plate this is your place to be. A def. must do.

Spectro- Is always lit to be awesome!!

Crowds- Light to Moderate

Dec 22nd- (Animal Kingdom)

Tusker's Donald Breakfast-Character breakfast is sometimes a bit pricey, but the food is outstanding and the characters are always inviting. We try to do 1 or 2 each visit. Tusker's is great and worth the trip.

Animal Kingdom cannot hold the crowds and this day was very crowded. We did the attractions and shopping we like to do and that was about it.

Yak & Yeti- Always a nice stop at the Kingdom, which has a very limited number of eateries. The food and service are great.

Crowds Moderate to Heavy

Sunset Safari and Jiko Dinner
The Safari was killer. Disney once again goes out of its way to show you as close to authentic as you can possibly get. I def. recommend the safari, bring a camera b/c this is one of the few tours you can take photos. Jiko's was okay. It is not the type of food we are used to and would order. For a trial run it was okay for us. The service was terrific and the food was brought out warm and flavorable.

Dec 23rd (EPCOT)

Boma's Breakfast-A good hotel buffet.

Aqua Seas Tours- We have snorkeled in a lot of the Caribbean Sea. Finding the different types of sea life was half the fun, but took it also took a lot of time. In this adventure you are able to see the different sea creatures as soon as you jump or sink into the water. I would def. do it again. It is a terrific experience and well worth the money.

Chefs De France/Candlelight Processional- Chefs de France great food, service and wine/champagne list. They def. prepare food that is both fresh and tasty. The candlelight Processional is another must see attraction during the holidays, no matter who the reader is on your particular day. If you order from Tier one, two or three for your meal you are guaranteed a seat at the processional. But as a note you will need to get in a line to enter the processional. Even though you will hold a pass the pass only gets you in the venue, not a particular seat.

Epcot really brings the traditions out for the holidays. The storytellers and decorations truly allow one to become immersed in the different countries and their cultures.

Crowds- Moderate to Heavy

Dec 24th.

Yuletide Fantasy tour- This tour takes a lot of time and takes you throughout every park, exception AK. It explains the different traditions of the nations at EPCOT, the idea and background of the Obsourne Lights, the gingerbread house at the GF, the tree at the Magic Kingdom and the best part. The huge warehouse that stores every Christmas decoration in the land. It is amazing and well worth the trip. I would not do this tour again. Once you have seen the warehouse you can figure out the rest on your own. It takes a lot of time and unlike the other tours it is a big crowd and a big bus. Not as intimate as the other tours, but if you want to see the warehouse go for it. Plus they give you a pin at the end.

Lunch- Beaches and Cream
This is a great lil place to take a load off and enjoy a great ole diner experience. The food is not of the Cali grill etc.. but it is what it is ole time beach burgers and ice cream.

Dinner- Artist Pt-
Excellent view, steak and great service.

Sleigh ride WL- Quiet nothing to see but romantic and takes you out of the rat race and slowly eases your mind and aching feet.

Magic Kingdom- Wishes, Spectro, The castle

Crowds-Heavy

It was a tremendous vacation, but a very busy one to say the least. If you would like further information simply send me a private message and I will be delighted to get back to you ASAP.

Have a Happy New Year!!!

:train::smickey::santa::newyear:

tinkerbell04
01-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing.

mouseketeer mom
01-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Loved reading about all the special things you did. Agreed about the aqua seas tour. My DD, whos 12 now, and my DH have done this three times alreay. They will be doing this for the fourth time in March! Thanks for sharing your great trip!

pdrlkr
01-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
01-05-2009, 09:08 PM
What a great trip! Sounds like your really got involved in the tours!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-06-2009, 01:22 PM
We loved the Candlelight Processional too

KathyMJ
01-06-2009, 09:06 PM
It sounds like a wonderful trip. I'm glad you were able to make it, after all!