PDA

View Full Version : Which outlet store would you recommend?

whymsycalwitch
01-04-2009, 10:13 PM
We are renting a car this trip so I have a chance to go to the outlet stores. However, I don't want to push my luck with DH, so he says he thinks we will only have time to visit one outlet store on the to Key West. I have found 4 different ones but I would like some opinions from those who know (this great Intercot family) which one is my best bet.

Thanks!

DisneyAndRedSox
01-07-2009, 06:11 AM
Which 4 outlets were you looking at?

whymsycalwitch
01-08-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm looking to go to the Outlets that have Disney stores in them. I found a few names and stuff online but I have no idea if they are current. For all I know they may be closed by now.

This is all the info I could really find:
Orlando Premium Outlets on Vineland Avenue
Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores State Road 535
Belz Factory Outlet World

Any help would be great we are leaving in 4 days.

Thanks.

KayDee
01-08-2009, 11:00 AM
On our Sept 08 trip we went to Prime Outlets International at 4951 International Drive. It is huge. It had everything that I could dream of. We spent an entire day there.

PM me if you can't find their website.

Have a great trip!

Kenny1113
01-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I have been to the Premium outlet. It is HUGE!!! A lot of ggod stores. If you are stopping on your way to Key West there are other outlets along the way as well. (Sorry to throw more choices for you)

whymsycalwitch
01-08-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm only interested in the ones that have Disney in them. Just looking to stretch out souvenir dollar a bit more. But thanks for the info. This will be my first time driving from Orlando to the Keys and hope not to get to bored.

KayDee
01-08-2009, 01:50 PM
The one I mentioned above has a Disney Character Warehouse.

emfleck
01-14-2009, 03:27 PM
I've been to both outlets. The one on International Drive used to be called Belz outlet. The other one is off 4 on Vineyard Road. They both have Character outlet stores. I had better luck at the Belz store in finding good stuff but it was years between visits to each so you never know. I would say you'd be ok with either one.

DisneyAndRedSox
01-20-2009, 06:31 AM
I was just at both last week. Very similar merchandise but I made out slightly better at the Premium Outlets. One thing... if you go to Premium on weekends the parking is awful! It gets very mobbed!

At premium the Crocs outlet had some good deals, just a pain most stuff had no prices. I got a pair of plain mary janes and a pair of brown/pink mickey mary janes for $25 total.

luvmyboys4ever
01-20-2009, 10:11 AM
We like the one on I-Drive. Just watch out for the different prices. The $10 & below store in DTD had mugs 4 for $10...the same exact mugs were $6.75 each at one outlet and $4.50 each at the other outlet! Try the store in DTD first. The items do change, but they might have a good sale on something while you are there :thumbsup:

DisneyBabies
01-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I know you can't guarantee that they will have an item at the Disney Character Premiere, but what kinds of things can you usually get? I would like to stop by there on my way to WDW next month and I wanted to see if it might be worth it.

emfleck
01-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I've bought T-shirts and sweatshirts. I got a great Grumpy hoodie a few years ago for $20.00 and a stitch Christmas crew neck sweatshirt for around $10.00. I've gotten Christmas ornaments, some toys and picture frames. They sometimes have some kitchen stuff (cups and such). Some pins (but most of the time those don't seem to be very discounted). That's all I can think of right now. Hope it helps.

CaptainSad
01-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Didn't they tear down the old Belz Outlet Mall? I think they built something new mall or outdoor mall there in the last couple of years. I know they had a couple of stores done the last time I was there.

DisneyAndRedSox
01-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Yes, they tore it down and is now called Prime outlets. Many of the same stores as premium outlets. They do have a huge Victoria's Secret outlet that was busy.

bouncyprouncy
02-09-2009, 08:30 AM
The Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores State Road 535 is right down from our time share, and we visit this each September. The Disney store is small, but we always find things there. For adults there are a lot of t-shirts and polos, and mostly clothes for kids as well. There are some toys and novelties, but not tons of them. They have a movie area in the back where kids can watch disney videos while the adults shop. In general, we visit because it is close, but I wouldn't make a special trip across town to go there.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
02-09-2009, 11:33 PM
:thumbsup: We really like the Orlando Premium Outlets - always get great deals at the Disney Store there. Also like the Tommy H
and RL outlet stores at that location.

NicksNitro
02-17-2009, 04:51 PM
The Character Warehouse is at the first set of outlets when you exit the turnpike onto I 4. They had a great selection last week and GREAT prices!!

CaptSmee
02-17-2009, 06:33 PM
This is all the info I could really find:
Orlando Premium Outlets on Vineland Avenue
Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores State Road 535
Belz Factory Outlet World

Thanks.

Because of the direction you are travelling, I would hit Orlando Premium Outlets. We go to both stores everytime and they have almost identical merchandise. We've never been to Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores, but from what i've read the store there, is not Disney owned and not exclusively Disney merchandise.

There is however another Disney outlet in Miami, which is on your way to the keys that might be a goldmine being further away from WDW. I know i'd stop there if I was going through!