PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journeys..

mom2morgan
01-04-2009, 08:24 PM
those of you who like to book through them, convince me. What advantages are there to just making all the arrangements myself? First time I went I called Disney and did it myself, this last time I used another agency. It was fine, but I'm not sure that it was any BETTER to do so... but I hear lots of you raving about MJ.

disneydeb
01-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Wendy works, really WORKS on finding us the best discounts possible even AFTER you've made your ressies through her. She called me once on a Sunday afternoon to see if I wanted an upgrade for about the same money, and has contacted me when other discounts became available. I use to do my own, but I NEVER will again She has saved us hundeds on each vacation. When we went this past December, I had made several requests, such as medical refrigerator in room, connecting rooms (one king and one double) and rooms on the first floor in the preferred area of Pop. I didn't expect All requests to be honored, but they were. She phrases requests specifically so the requests has the best chance of being honored.
I really ask her too many questions and she is patient with me.

Best of luck with your future vacation plans!:mickey:

Tbelle1976
01-04-2009, 09:49 PM
We just paid off our Feb vacation that Denise booked for us. It was so easy!

Personally, I spend so much time myself with planning an itenerary for each day, plus dining that it was so nice to have someone else in charge of "planning" hotel and tickets.

We had alot of communication through email (to which she responded to my emails SUPER quick), and a couple phone calls to make our initial deposit and then to pay it off.

You just can't imagine how much they know about each hotel and what exactly is a deal for you or not. Tell them what you are looking for and they will find a way to do it, or get something very similiar. Like I said, with all the planning I do myself there is no way I would use anything else than MJ!

tink179
01-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Magical Journey's is wonderful! This is our 5th trip going and this was our first time using them. I had always booked our trips in the past directly through Disney. Last year I missed out on a deal, because they were all taken by the time I called in to receive the discount. I used them for our upcoming trip and it was all taken care of. Never had to e-mail or call to ask anyone. Just got an e-mail notifying me of the good news! It's so great. It takes the stress away and makes planning for everything else so much more fun and easier! Denise helped us out and I could go on and on about how wonderful she was! If you use them you won't be disappointed! :thumbsup:

Knitty Kitty
01-04-2009, 11:41 PM
I admit, I was similarly skeptical about Magical Journeys at first. I am so glad I decided to give it a try though. Wendy has done two wonderful trips for me and a trip and a cruise for my DBF's parents. Like a previous poster said, special requests are phrased in the best possible way and by the time your trip rolls around, your MJ agent is going to have gotten you the very best deal that can be had. I know I won't be able to manage a trip back to the World until I'm out of nursing school, but Wendy is going to be one of the first people I call when I do. :mickey:

crltkcagle
01-05-2009, 09:21 AM
The first time I booked through MJ I asked Debbie if she was some scammer looking to steal my credit card number! LOL I was skeptical too. However I have booked three trips with her and she is wonderful! MJ finds you the best deal and if Disney releases a discount MJ puts it on your package. You don't have to call Disney and ask for the discount. It is really worth it to book through them it saves you time and money.

Kenny1113
01-05-2009, 10:29 AM
:ditto:

I was really happy with my experience with MJ. They really do LOOK for the discounts that you can use and even suggest other options as well. Only reason my next trip is not booked through them is that it is too short.

KylesMom
01-05-2009, 01:12 PM
:mickey: DH and I, like you, were skeptical about utilizing a TA a few years back since we did so well on our own. The few times I had gotten quotes from outside sources for our Disney vacation the $$$ were out of the ballpark compared to what I could find . . .

MJ quickly changed our minds when rates were released that I didn't know about. They changed our ressies and had saved us $$$ before I even knew about the new discounts.

We count on Terrisue from MJ shopping for the best rates for our needs; i.e., A/P discount, Disney Visa discount, AAA discount, etcetera. It saves me not only a ton of phone time trying to get ahold of any newly released rates closer to our travel time, but also I know that I can count on them to answer detailed or obscure questions I may have. Their services are FREE - and their SERVICE is impeccable! This is our 5th annual Disney trip they've booked for us. :mickey:

Crow
01-07-2009, 01:39 AM
used Karen from MJ...I dont know how many trips now
She has always gotten me the best deal and responded even on weekends.
i referred her to friends who booked a Disney cruise through her.
and MJ is a sponsor of Intercot

thrillme
01-07-2009, 08:36 AM
We had Terrisue and she was WONDERFUL. She got me EVERYTHING I asked for AND she got me a discount. She took care of EVERYTHING. :number1:

I will use Magical Journey's 100 times over (if only I had the money to go 100 times over :().

For YEARS I "did it MY way"...and I would get myself good deals but it was a LOT easier using Magical Journeys and they kept a better eye out for "specials" than I could have.

RocknBev
01-07-2009, 11:06 AM
We love MJ and Terrisue. She always keeps us informed of added discounts and additional options. :thumbsup:
Just three weeks ago, I asked for the impossible. I asked her to find me a room at a value resort for my son and daughter in law during the marathon weekend. We both laughed but again I thought it never hurts to asked. Two days later she had me a room at the All Star Sports! I was jumping up and down! :yay: I am not convinced that just any travel agent would have even tried for such an impossible task!
One of my husbands' best associates is a travel agent and we still use Terrisue for our WDW planning! How funny is that?