PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice from Cast Members...

bwgens
01-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Hello,
I am looking for any advice, tips, or help from any current or former WDW Cast Members. I and my wife have been planning for the last 5-10 years to move to FL to work at WDW. We've live in WI so we have spent the last couple years getting our finances in order to make a move of this size. We are ready now, and are looking for any and all help we can get. All I know at this point is that you have to put in your application/resume at the Team Disney building. That is fine, and I do plan on making a couple trips back and forth for interviews etc, luckily we have some friends that live close to the area that I can stay with for this. What I could really use is some knowledge about that whole process of applying and interviewing. My expertise is in retail management. I would be happy starting out in the merchandising area with the best job I can get.

Anyway, if any of you can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

TheRustyScupper
01-05-2009, 12:09 PM
1) Hourly:
. . . go to Casting
. . . fill out application
. . . get on-the-spot interview
. . . if hired, start-date is 0-12 days
2) Professional and Managerial:
. . . go to Casting or send in resume
. . . wait for phone interview
. . . probable first job is as an internship

3) Current Status:
. . . hourly hiring freeze, with 2,000 on waiting list
. . . salaried hiring freeze
. . . lower level managers, are usually hired internally
. . . professionals and unique people do get hired from outside

NOTE: My "guess" is that retail management would mainly come from internal. This could be hourly personnel, or from professional/management WDW internships.